Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRohde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi,

Recently I got all nostalgic when I stumbled upon some old Macs and I thus decided that I would start to collect Macs :rolleyes:

So I looked through listings of all the Macs from the past, and in that regard I have a single question.

Is it at all possible to get my hands on an original Apple I mainboard or have they all dissappeared completely from the face of the Earth? Or is just a matter of money? If so, how much would such an item go for you think?

MacRohde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow

krimson said:
IIRC, there aren't very many left out of like 125 or something made. I did see one up for sale last year going for around $25,000~.

Wow, that's a lot. I'd better start saving some money then... :)

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
MacRohde said:
Wow, that's a lot. I'd better start saving some money then... :)

Collecting's fine and all, but if you're going to save up that much, here's a short list of a few things for which that money might be more useful (you may already have all of these things, in which case you may ignore me):

-Down payment on a house
-A car
-Nice savings

Or, of course, you could be practical and buy what you really need:

3 or 4 souped up dualie G5's and a couple of cinema displays!

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
If you really want to start collecting, start small; I started with a 5300cs. You can start by getting stuff cheap off eBay. This is good because if you decide you like collecting you can move on to bigger things, and if you don't like collecting, you haven't blown $25,000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.