PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 With Cider

MaxMichael
Jul 3, 2009, 10:56 AM
Shoot me down in flames if I can't ask this here, but I was wondering whether it's possible for TS2 to work with Cider, since I prefer it than Sims 3.
I got the transgaming folder from my Spore game and it all loads however it asks me to put in my Sims 2 disc, even when it's in the drive, and with the expansion packs, it claims that TS2 base game is not installed, do I need to put the registry files somewhere?

Any help is great. :)

cjhoney
Aug 17, 2010, 02:54 AM
Try installing it with Cross over, or wine (if you need a link, i'll give you 1:D) for the cd try either to download a no cd crack otherwise make a new folder inside transgaming called d_drive or f_drive then place a shortcut to your cd drive inside :)

Ainze
Aug 17, 2010, 07:10 AM
As far as I know, Sims 2 doesn't run well in any wine-based software. Not to say you shouldn't keep trying (one of these days, some trick will get it to work), but don't be surprised if it won't work at all for now.

donuttakedonuts
Aug 17, 2010, 05:39 PM
The official mac version of TS2 is actually a cider port...

Ainze
Aug 18, 2010, 01:22 AM
No it's not. That's Sims 3. Sims 2 is a native port by Aspyr, and Aspyr always port natively (even if they don't always do a great job). That's also why it works on the old PPC processors as well as the Intel ones.

Incidently, it was released even before there were any Intel Macs.