Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pottsja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Here are my specs...

Intel Core 2 Duo --> 2.2. Ghz
2 GB Memory
GeForce 8600M GT 128 MB

I know that the system requirements aren't out yet for Starcraft 2 but wondering if anyone thinks this machine could run it no problem.

jakeguy99

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
Here are my specs...

Intel Core 2 Duo --> 2.2. Ghz
2 GB Memory
GeForce 8600M GT 128 MB

I know that the system requirements aren't out yet for Starcraft 2 but wondering if anyone thinks this machine could run it no problem.

You should not have a problem running the game at all. If anything just upgrade your ram to 4GB and you will be more than fine.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Judging by the videos I've seen of the game... you should be fine. The beta is coming out real soon so we'll have a more definite answer then.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
Got to play it last year at Blizzcon and its pretty sweet. All the systems at Blizzcon were low end PCS. To bad no LAN support. :(

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Blizzard generally is good at supporting older systems by not having demanding requirements.

I am excited for the new starcraft! :)

pottsja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Thanks for the responses all.

Yea I'm definitely pumped for the next installment of a great game. Been playing the old one this past week and it's still got it. Unfortunately Blizzard has taken 10 long years to finally come back to the Starcraft Universe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.