PDA

View Full Version : Apple has a funny notion of 'shipped'

engelhart
Jun 2, 2004, 04:16 AM
Received my shipment notification last Tuesday, 9 days after I made my order. Not bad I thought for a custom 17" powerbook and a lot of third party peripherals. Since then, I have kept on trying to trace the package on TNT but with no luck.

So yesterday I decided to ring Apple and just check what was happening. Sure enough, my order hadn't actually shipped but was still sat in the merge in transit depot waiting for one of the third party items. All a bit odd really, as the apple info thing told me everything was ready to ship three days after I placed my order except the powerbook.

Is it too much to ask that Apple starts to consider shipping in the same way as every other company in the world i.e. when the courier has picked up your order and it is winging its way to you?

Desperately want to make the switch but it seems Apple isn't quite so keen as it made out!

Simon

boomtopper
Jun 2, 2004, 04:41 AM
The same thing happened with me on my custom "15" inch. Apple said they had shipped it and it was not. Eventually it was shipped and i managed to track it with TNT using the TNT site, and i found that my laptop was going backwards and forwards across europe.

engelhart
Jun 2, 2004, 05:54 AM
I just rang them again to try to see if there was any update.

Surprise surprise, the story has changed. They now reckon the whole order is coming from Taiwan. This is very different to yesterday when I was assured that the order was sat in the merge in transit depot in the Netherlands waiting for a third party peripheral.

Apple really needs to sort out its shipping issues.

Simon