PDA

View Full Version : Push is fixed in Hactivated 2G iPhones!

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
An unpolished first release is up: http://bit.ly/FxBtZ Requires a friend with an iPod touch or activated iPhone. We'll improve it for 3.1

http://twitter.com/planetbeing/status/2472987830
http://twitter.com/iphone_dev/status/2473255552

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:23 PM
I can confirm that this does work on iphone 3G

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 03:27 PM
I can confirm that this does work on iphone 3G
There was a work around a long time ago for the 3G

Krafty
Jul 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
2. Make sure the file "keychain-2.db" is in /private/var/Keychains and run nimble. You will see 4 files being created:
- youtube-cert.bin
- youtube-key.bin
- push-cert.bin
- push-key.binHow do you "run" it?

EDIT: Nvm, I dont have an activated device.

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:38 PM
There was a work around a long time ago for the 3G

Haha this isnt a work around, its a fix ;D

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 03:38 PM
Same here, need those files...If someone could post that would be great

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:44 PM
here are some cert files guys.
http://idisk.mac.com/anethema-Public?view=web
They worked with me. Good luck

BTW you dont need an activated iphone with this

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 03:45 PM
here are some cert files guys.
http://idisk.mac.com/anethema-Public?view=web
They worked with me. Good luck
Thanks, just curious did you use it on an iPhone 2G?

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:47 PM
Nono 3G. But in the IRC the guys have been saying that it does work on 2G

Krafty
Jul 4, 2009, 03:47 PM
How do you "run" a file?

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:48 PM
How do you "run" a file?

in the SSH terminal thingy type ./inject or whatever its called

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 03:49 PM
What's the difference between those ^^ files and the "official" ones from dev team? Do they work if you don't have a "friend's" activated iPhone to use?

Thanks

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 03:49 PM
What's the difference between those ^^ files and the "official" ones from dev team? Do they work if you don't have a "friend's" activated iPhone to use?

Thanks
Those are the files that you need if you don't have access to a friends legally activated device

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:51 PM
you use the Dev Teams offical ones and you use the ones i posted if you dont have an activated iphone or are just lazy like me lol. then you can skip step A and go to step B i think

Krafty
Jul 4, 2009, 03:53 PM
in the SSH terminal thingy type ./inject or whatever its called

One more thing, how do you set the permission to 755 on cyberduck? I can only get 777.

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 03:53 PM
you use the Dev Teams offical ones and you use the ones i posted if you dont have an activated iphone or are just lazy like me lol. then you can skip step A and go to step B i think
Just to confirm yours worked on a hactivated 2G with those files correct?

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 03:54 PM
Dutters- Can you post a quick step-by-step for using your files? I'm just a bit confused about which steps to skip, etc....

Thanks

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 03:55 PM
One more thing, how do you set the permission to 755 on cyberduck? I can only get 777.

I Used WinSSH but the permisions are as follows

Owner R W X
Group R X
Others R X

Hope this helps

ITMacRN
forgive my ignorance. I have a jailbreak iPhone. Is this different than a hactivated iPhone? Thanks

Krafty
I ran inject and got "fix youtube fix push" but no new keychain-2.db was created.

jimmy83
Jul 4, 2009, 03:58 PM
What is this a fix for? :confused:

Ive had problems with beejive push since I got the app, I try to make my facebook account available and I keep getting an error message username/password incorrect. Running OS 3.0 3G JB

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 04:00 PM
Quick Guide:

Copy the certs to /private/var/keychains/ (these are the certs if you cba to scroll up http://idisk.mac.com/anethema-Public?view=web)
- youtube-cert.bin
- youtube-key.bin
- push-cert.bin
- push-key.bin

Backup the keychain-2.db (place on desktop)

Copy only the inject file to /private/var/keychains/ (you dont need nimble as i have provided the certs)

In your SSH command thingy (please dont ask help how to open this as i only know for WinSSH and on WinSSH it is open terminal)

In the terminal type ./inject and press enter

follow steps from the guide
3. Uninstall the push app (i.e. beejive or similar) you intend to test on from your hacktivated device and reboot

4. Test youtube, reinstall the above push app and test.

Good luck guys

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 04:01 PM
What is this a fix for? :confused:

Ive had problems with beejive push since I got the app, I try to make my facebook account available and I keep getting an error message username/password incorrect. Running OS 3.0 3G JB

This is a fix to get Push notification working on Jailbroken / Hacktivated iphones

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 04:09 PM
For those that have tried, does this fix push email as well?

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 04:11 PM
Email push was working anyway wasnt it#? well mine has been

ITMacRN
Jul 4, 2009, 04:13 PM
hactivated and jailbreak. Same thing or no??

Krafty
Jul 4, 2009, 04:14 PM
Didn't work for me.

ITMacRN
Jul 4, 2009, 04:16 PM
gmail uses fetch so push was not available. I have work email through exchange that was not work prior to 3.0 and after it was. I've read articles that is different than push but when push came it started working for me.

I think yahoo mail is push to but I've not tried that.

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 04:17 PM
Can anyone confirms if this works or not?

Krafty
Jul 4, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hold on, I made a mistake.

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 04:21 PM
Hold on, I made a mistake.
What was your mistake, some others might make it as well

Phil A.
Jul 4, 2009, 04:22 PM

Yeah, push e-mail is completely different to, and completely separate from, push notifications: The problem with push notifications and hacktivated phones is that the hacktivation process bypassed the creation of a valid machine certificate (which is normally generated on activation). For push notifications only (i.e. not push e-mail), the push servers that the phone connects to refuse a connection to a phone without a valid machine certificate and it doesn't work.

This fix replaced the bad certificate with a valid one so the phone can connect to the servers and receive push notifications.

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 04:24 PM
Last thing I need to know:

How do you run inject? I know I saw ./inject but I'm not good with terminal. How do I get terminal to get connect to my phone then the proper directory? Unless there is a way to run a file from within Cyberduck...? Thanks

tennez
Jul 4, 2009, 04:25 PM
I got the files but it is .EXE so it is only windows?
Can somebody post some infoooooo!!??

Thanks!

jimmy83
Jul 4, 2009, 04:26 PM
hactivated and jailbreak. Same thing or no??

Yer I would like to know this too.

IM+ push worked for me tho, as did Pollen Iam just having problems with beejive/facebook

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 04:27 PM

How do you run inject? I know I saw ./inject but I'm not good with terminal. How do I get terminal to get connect to my phone then the proper directory? Unless there is a way to run a file from within Cyberduck...? Thanks

-In order for your phone to work it has to be ACTIVATED/HACKTIVATED. Hacktivated just means you're not "officially" activated, that's all.

Krafty
Jul 4, 2009, 04:27 PM
What was your mistake, some others might make it as well

Forgot to reboot. Rebooted, tested with Beejive (uninstalled and reinstalled) and still nothing. They ought to be more in-depth, like what the terminal response is suppose to be. All I got was:
"fix push
fix youtube"

and that was it. I dont know if that was suppose to happen or not.

ITMacRN
Jul 4, 2009, 04:31 PM

-In order for your phone to work it has to be ACTIVATED/HACKTIVATED. Hacktivated just means you're not "officially" activated, that's all.

So I have an officially activated iPhone with ATT but is jailbreak. Would I need to try this fix put out by dev team today? I've not received any push notifications for Beejive.

luisgab
Jul 4, 2009, 06:06 PM
working like a charm on mi 3g on tmobile!

dutters
Jul 4, 2009, 06:08 PM
working like a charm on mi 3g on tmobile!

Gratz

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 06:20 PM
Mine is working, lets see if all is good after I apply my backup

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 06:24 PM
So far I have not been able to get 'Find my iPhone' to work for MobileMe. Push notifications are working after applying the fix noted in this thread.

Any ideas?

kevindosi
Jul 4, 2009, 06:30 PM
Could someone possibly provide a quick step by step tutorial for us laymen? I can follow instructions, I just don't know how to do some of these things (ie. change permissions, inject, etc.) We idiots would certainly appreciate it.

Ayman07
Jul 4, 2009, 06:33 PM

what did you run in terminal to run the inject file?

legaleye3000
Jul 4, 2009, 06:38 PM
what did you run in terminal to run the inject file?

Download MobileTerminal from Cydia. Then type cd /private/var/Keychain (I don't know if the word Keychain is plural or not. So try that if it doesn't work)
-Then push enter

Then type ./inject

That's it! Follow rest of instructions of course...

Megavolt419
Jul 4, 2009, 06:42 PM
Quick Guide:

Copy the certs to /private/var/keychains/ (these are the certs if you cba to scroll up http://idisk.mac.com/anethema-Public?view=web)
- youtube-cert.bin
- youtube-key.bin
- push-cert.bin
- push-key.bin

Copy only the inject file to /private/var/keychains/ (you dont need nimble as i have provided the certs)

In your SSH command thingy (please dont ask help how to open this as i only know for WinSSH and on WinSSH it is open terminal)

3. Uninstall the push app (i.e. beejive or similar) you intend to test on from your hacktivated device and reboot

Good luck guys

How do you do this on window's since we have no terminal or do you use mobileterminal ?

and do you do this each time you install a different app?

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 06:43 PM
Could someone possibly provide a quick step by step tutorial for us laymen? I can follow instructions, I just don't know how to do some of these things (ie. change permissions, inject, etc.) We idiots would certainly appreciate it.
push notification on hactivated iPhone 2G
step one download: http://bit.ly/FxBtZ
step two: extract PushFix.zip
next: copy per ssh or per diskaid the two files to /private/var/Keychains
next: with ssh
chmod 0775 nimbe
chmod 0775 inject
./inject
that's it push notification work's

DanielNTX
Jul 4, 2009, 06:48 PM
Works great!

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 06:50 PM
Mine is working, lets see if all is good after I apply my backup
And now it is jacked up again...Guess I will sync it as a new phone

UPDATE: Never mind, I got it working, not sure what I did buuuuuuuut it works now

Megavolt419
Jul 4, 2009, 07:05 PM
Are there any videos on youtube on how to do this?

and

how do you set permission to 0755?

and

for ./inject, do you type it in the mobile terminal or what?

kinda confusing..

DanielNTX
Jul 4, 2009, 07:18 PM
how do you set permission to 0755?

In Putty/SSH Client/MobileTerminal from the Keychains folder.
chmod 755 ./inject
chmod 755 ./nimle

kevindosi
Jul 4, 2009, 07:26 PM
yeah i don't understand how to run inject. can someone let me know?

Megavolt419
Jul 4, 2009, 07:31 PM
Ya i am too confused :{

I do not have an iphone yet, got one on ebay and seller is shipping it Monday.

I been reading alot about hacking and stuff, and this is the and only thing that is confusing me.

It will be awesome for a video, or does anyone ever think they will put something to download in cydia for this to work?

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ya i am too confused :{

I do not have an iphone yet, got one on ebay and seller is shipping it Monday.

I been reading alot about hacking and stuff, and this is the and only thing that is confusing me.

It will be awesome for a video, or does anyone ever think they will put something to download in cydia for this to work?
Read up on some Unix, see if you can figure it out, if not just wait, it will do everything needed automatically in the new redsn0w when 3.1 comes out

ljump12
Jul 4, 2009, 10:52 PM
worked great for me on iPhone 2g w/ t-mobile. Thanks for the cert files.

I will write up clearer OSX instructions for anyone on a mac tomorrow if people feel like they need them.

it has been a productive night, got MMS working and push. Win.

ucbearcats
Jul 4, 2009, 11:02 PM
it has been a productive night, got MMS working and push. Win.
Same here, you notice you have to disable WIFI in order to get MMS to send without error?

ljump12
Jul 4, 2009, 11:07 PM
Same here, you notice you have to disable WIFI in order to get MMS to send without error?

Haven't tried it. I actually have only tried sending a picture message to myself...

I'll need to do more testing tomorrow, when i have access to some other phones. I'll let you know what i find.

edit:: fwiw, i can send a message to myself with wifi on.

ucbearcats
Jul 5, 2009, 12:08 AM
And all of a sudden now on my phone push is not working...Tried AIM Free and eBuddy, both dont work. Ideas?

EDIT: Not getting IM's with the AIM free app open. Interesting problem

EDIT X2: All is working now, wish I knew if it was an AIM problem or push problem though

jimmy83
Jul 5, 2009, 01:03 AM
Does this process work on the 3g on windows?

DanielNTX
Jul 5, 2009, 01:11 AM
Does this process work on the 3g on windows?

It works on any OS that has SSH.

dontwalkhand
Jul 5, 2009, 01:18 AM
Quick Guide:

- youtube-cert.bin
- youtube-key.bin
- push-cert.bin
- push-key.bin

Good luck guys
I typed in ./inject into my Mac, and it says -sh: ./inject No such file or directory.

What am I doing wrong? I looked in private/var/keychains and the inject file is there so are all the bins. Also changed inject to 755 with Cyberduck. Terminal is just being very stupid, I can cd /private then cd/var but I cant cd /Keychains. I am ready to smash something at this point.

EDIT: Figured out the problem:

I typed in cd /
then I typed in cd /private/var/Keychains
then I typed ./inject and it worked.

This is done on Mac OS X's Terminal

Melodic
Jul 5, 2009, 02:51 AM
Tested and working on my iPhone 2g on t-mobile prepaid sidekick plan

jimmy83
Jul 5, 2009, 03:43 AM
Hmmm, ive not tried this work-around but push seems to be working for me now well beejive is anyway :D Just had to enter in my DOB:o

X3n0 AcId
Jul 5, 2009, 04:01 AM
Tested and Working on my 2G iPhone :D

yezza
Jul 5, 2009, 05:56 AM
Youtube and push notifications both working on my 2G, thanks :D

jimmy83
Jul 5, 2009, 06:20 AM
Youtube and push notifications both working on my 2G, thanks :D

What youtube notifications do you get?

SolRayz
Jul 5, 2009, 07:04 AM
Push is now working with beejive but now I am getting weird and random messages from people not on my buddy list. Also push working properly when the phone is locked is spotty at best. So there is still some work to be done here.

jimmy83
Jul 5, 2009, 07:06 AM
Also push working properly when the phone is locked is spotty at best. So there is still some work to be done here.

spotty at best? Works ok here

sabotage79
Jul 5, 2009, 08:11 AM
Anyone with a hactivated 2G on Tmobile USA got this working? I followed the steps exactly, and I still do not have push notifications. I tried again this morning out of desperation.

I hactivated with redsn0w, and I do NOT have access to a friends activated SIM.

update: WAHOOOO! The trick was to reboot AGAIN after reinstalling and turning on notifications.
WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

bmdmac
Jul 5, 2009, 08:13 AM
Okay so i used PhoneView to add the files to the private/var/Keychains . So those 4 bin files are in there, then i put in the inject file. After the files are all in, i used mobile terminal on my phone and tried to inject. I recieve a error saying "permission denied". Anybody have any ideas why. ?

sabotage79
Jul 5, 2009, 08:15 AM
Yes, you need to follow the directions to set the permissions to 755.

chmod 0775 nimbe
chmod 0775 inject

bmdmac
Jul 5, 2009, 08:22 AM
How did you Chmod the files ? I am using terminal but still getting "Permission Denied"

sabotage79
Jul 5, 2009, 08:39 AM
How did you Chmod the files ? I am using terminal but still getting "Permission Denied"

cd /private/var/Keychains

chmod 0775 nimble
chmod 0775 inject
./inject

bmdmac
Jul 5, 2009, 08:53 AM
So, i go into my mobile terminal to try again. So when i try to chmod on the iphone "Operation not Permitted" is now the message i receive.
Thanks for the help i m sure i m not that far away ! :D

taimurasad
Jul 5, 2009, 09:10 AM
I have posted a step by step guide here (http://www.redmondpie.com/guide-to-fix-push-notifications-on-hacktivated-iphone-3.0/) to get Push notifications from push capable apps. Let me know if you find it useful! Cheers!

apunkrockmonk
Jul 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
Works great on my 2G with T-Mobile USA.

Thanks!

Chrysaor
Jul 5, 2009, 10:01 AM
So, i go into my mobile terminal to try again. So when i try to chmod on the iphone "Operation not Permitted" is now the message i receive.
Thanks for the help i m sure i m not that far away ! :D

MobileTerminal uses the "mobile" account, which doesn't have sufficient privileges.
Type "su", enter the root password than perform the steps.

bmdmac
Jul 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
Great Tutorial i think i must have made a slight error while using the mac. But, the vista tut was nice and easy for me 5 or six mins to get it all right and bang PUSH.
Thanks

basconcio
Jul 5, 2009, 10:16 AM
I have posted a step by step guide here (http://www.redmondpie.com/guide-to-fix-push-notifications-on-hacktivated-iphone-3.0/) to get Push notifications from push capable apps. Let me know if you find it useful! Cheers!

worked like a charm.
congrats

SolRayz
Jul 5, 2009, 11:07 AM
Wow. So no one else is getting these freak random messages. It is so odd and sporadic. I have my facebook and aol accounts on beejive. I keep getting these messages with the name "test account: then some random message. Or I get a message from people who are certainly not on my buddy list. Very weird.

PDE
Jul 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
Wow, wonderful. Working perfectly over here on unlocked, jailbroken 2G iphone on O2 network pay as you go. I was starting to think that this is the beginning of the end for my 1st generation iphone in terms of new features, but now I'm happy again and running everything I want to run.

Cool. :)

Ramsteiner
Jul 5, 2009, 01:31 PM
This has not worked for me. I have tried both from aWindows XP and OSX 10.5.7 environment. No errors, just no results. I only have the push option available in settings and not notifications. I have two files in the private/var/Keychains directory - ocspcache.sqlite3 and TrustStore.sqlite3. Shoud these files remain in the directory untouched or one or both removed? Also I have seen file permission as both 0775 and 0755 referenced. Which is correct? Any other ideas? Thanks.

ucbearcats
Jul 5, 2009, 01:49 PM
This has not worked for me. I have tried both from aWindows XP and OSX 10.5.7 environment. No errors, just no results. I only have the push option available in settings and not notifications. I have two files in the private/var/Keychains directory - ocspcache.sqlite3 and TrustStore.sqlite3. Shoud these files remain in the directory untouched or one or both removed? Also I have seen file permission as both 0775 and 0755 referenced. Which is correct? Any other ideas? Thanks.
Read the original readme from the PushFix.zip and follow that, I am sure the dev team would not lead you in the wrong direction

yezza
Jul 5, 2009, 02:29 PM
What youtube notifications do you get?

There are no Youtube notifications - what I mean is that this fix had enabled my Youtube to start working again since installing 3.0 :)

Nine9si
Jul 5, 2009, 04:34 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

YouTube is no longer working, I uploaded files via iPhone browser then chmod files and ran through mobile terminal. Reboted. Installed beejive. Now my YouTube says can't connect? Any ideas why this happend and how to fix this? YouTube was functioning prior to trying to do this fix.

Edit: I set my original file back and now my YouTube is working again. When I loaded beejive it asked if I wanted to receive push alerts. Not to connect to iTunes like earlier. I might have already had push enabled

apunkrockmonk
Jul 5, 2009, 04:43 PM
Wow. So no one else is getting these freak random messages. It is so odd and sporadic. I have my facebook and aol accounts on beejive. I keep getting these messages with the name "test account: then some random message. Or I get a message from people who are certainly not on my buddy list. Very weird.

I've gotten one from aim.

Hopefully with the 3.1 jailbreak the dev team will fix this or something.

bigrobb
Jul 5, 2009, 04:52 PM
i have no idea how to make this work everything i type into mobile terminal or terminal on the mac says no such file or directory and i see the files there i give up on this

Ramsteiner
Jul 5, 2009, 05:39 PM
For those of you having problems after successfully completing this hack, try uninstalling Supreme Preferences. I did this four times - all with out errors and all with out push capability. As you know, (at least for me) I lost all my passwords for wireless, email, etc. I tried to reload my email passwords but did not have that option available in the modified settings menu with Supreme Preferences installed. After I uninstalled Supreme Preferences and starting reloading my email passwords, I noticed Notifications had appeared in the Settings menu and all was good. Now it's been about an hour and I'll have to see if a push notification actually shows up. YouTube working before and after push hack. 2G on T-Mobile.

legaleye3000
Jul 5, 2009, 05:49 PM
WARNING!!!!!

All is working...EXCEPT: I am receiving random messages through BeeJive as if I am someone else.

I believe this may be because we are using Dutters' file that he posted, so maybe we're receiving his IM messages?

Anyone else receiving weird push notifications from BeeJive?

DanielNTX
Jul 5, 2009, 06:00 PM
WARNING!!!!!

All is working...EXCEPT: I am receiving random messages through BeeJive as if I am someone else.

I believe this may be because we are using Dutters' file that he posted, so maybe we're receiving his IM messages?

Nope don't have that problem.

legaleye3000
Jul 5, 2009, 06:08 PM
Daniel- IF you used the files from Dutters in this thread, you will... :) If you're using BeeJive, and you enabled push notifications for BeeJive, you will see random messages.

snowspeeder
Jul 5, 2009, 06:24 PM
Push isnt working at all.

Copied files: "push-cert.bin, push-key.in, youtube-cert.bin, youtube-key.bin"
to /privet/var/Keychains

Copied inject to same folder

Copied keychain-2.db to desktop.

ran chmod 755 inject via putty.

ran ./inject via putty

Uninstalled beejive 3.

Rebooted.

Installed beejive 3.

Went to settings - notifications and turned it on for beejive.

Opened beejive and setup accounts.

Tried sending an IM via gtalk to myself "from another account".

I do not get a push notification. If I open beejive I receive the message.

bigrobb
Jul 5, 2009, 07:06 PM
anyone having trouble I used the instructions on this link from b3nny its about halfway down i dont know why that worked for me and the ones here didnt but i did everything in those instructions in the exact order and it is working for me now
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/662691-enable-push-notification-iphone-2g.html

DanielNTX
Jul 5, 2009, 07:23 PM
Daniel- IF you used the files from Dutters in this thread, you will... :) If you're using BeeJive, and you enabled push notifications for BeeJive, you will see random messages.

I am using the files (the exported certs) on 3 different devices. Two 2g's and one 3g. We are not getting each other's messages or random messages in Beejive 3.0.

apunkrockmonk
Jul 5, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm missing a notification here and there (I'm assuming once in awhile they're going to someone else).

However I haven't gotten any weird ones other than that first one earlier.

juancardila
Jul 6, 2009, 01:08 AM
this works great, though is anyone elses battery still draining? and unstable signal?

dutters
Jul 6, 2009, 01:22 AM
WARNING!!!!!

Hello,

I have also been receving random messsages. I got these files from a source on the dev team irc to its probably theres lol. Unless you apps are cracked aswell?

SolRayz
Jul 6, 2009, 02:34 AM
Yes these are the random messages I was talking about....grrrr wtf. What is the solution. Maybe redoing the hack with the other files?

dutters
Jul 6, 2009, 04:18 AM
Yes these are the random messages I was talking about....grrrr wtf. What is the solution. Maybe redoing the hack with the other files?

you could just wait for the official cydia fix and use this as a temp solution ;D

Chrysaor
Jul 6, 2009, 06:10 AM
This is really funny, everyone is using the same key/cert and getting each other's push notifications. :)

SolRayz
Jul 6, 2009, 12:04 PM
Its odd because the messages make no sense at times....like random letter weirdness. lol

ellsworth
Jul 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
Don't forget to add the Youtube certs. My youtube was working fine so I figured I didn't need it. PUSH worked well but Youtube clunked out. I had to redo the whole keychain/certificate process. Not too much of a big deal. Oh and don't forget to retype in all your passwords to anything that once required you to do so.

ucbearcats
Jul 6, 2009, 06:55 PM
My push is so spotty, it works sometimes, but more times than not it doesn't it seems....

sabotage79
Jul 6, 2009, 07:15 PM
Same here. The has been reports that our messages are going out to anyone else who is using the same certs. I think this is the case, and most of my messages never get through.

There are others reporting this issue here:
http://brambourgonjon.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/push-2g/

I've since turned push off until a better fix is in place for hactivated 2g users, hopefully from the dev team.

ucbearcats
Jul 6, 2009, 07:26 PM
Got it working again...for how long who knows...But here is a tutorial of another fix from Cydia
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4431
No OpenSSH!

sabotage79
Jul 6, 2009, 07:51 PM
Got it working again...for how long who knows...But here is a tutorial of another fix from Cydia
No OpenSSH!

Thanks for the heads up on this fix! I wonder how it differs from using a cert from someone else, such as the fix mentioned here?

edit: seems to be working great. Hopefully it will keep working this time.

Melodic
Jul 6, 2009, 08:36 PM
My push is so spotty, it works sometimes, but more times than not it doesn't it seems....

Having the same problem as you. I hope my messages are not going to other people

ucbearcats
Jul 6, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this fix! I wonder how it differs from using a cert from someone else, such as the fix mentioned here?

edit: seems to be working great. Hopefully it will keep working this time.
Push is working, however if my screen is off I don't get the pushes. Frustrating

sabotage79
Jul 6, 2009, 09:08 PM
Push is working, however if my screen is off I don't get the pushes. Frustrating

So I tested this, and it seems to stop working after a period of inactivity. If you simply put the phone to sleep with the top button, you can then immediatly receive a push, but if you wait a few minutes, then push no longer works.

Wake the phone up, then push works again.

Any ideas why that would be?

Chili Bowl
Jul 6, 2009, 09:36 PM
No OpenSSH!
not working for me..

ucbearcats
Jul 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
not working for me..
Did you try restarting and uninstalling and reinstalling your push apps?

Chili Bowl
Jul 6, 2009, 10:42 PM
Did you try restarting and uninstalling and reinstalling your push apps?
well i did the whole cydia thing, checked if youtube worked and it didnt. i tried to unistall and then reinstalling the source but no go.

PDE
Jul 7, 2009, 02:27 AM
So I tested this, and it seems to stop working after a period of inactivity. If you simply put the phone to sleep with the top button, you can then immediatly receive a push, but if you wait a few minutes, then push no longer works.

Wake the phone up, then push works again.

Any ideas why that would be?

This is my experience as well...unfortunately.

ucbearcats
Jul 7, 2009, 11:51 PM
Turned off Push notifications, didn't get any today and are it is highly spotty

PDE
Jul 9, 2009, 06:49 AM
I turned my push off too. It just doesn't work right on a hacktivated phone. Hopefully the dev team will get this going eventually, but for now it isn't worth it.

SolRayz
Jul 9, 2009, 07:08 AM
I turned Push off too and honestly I'm loosing all interest after watching my battery indicator run dry before my very eyes. Not really worth it imo.:(

ucbearcats
Jul 9, 2009, 04:43 PM
I turned Push off too and honestly I'm loosing all interest after watching my battery indicator run dry before my very eyes. Not really worth it imo.:(
Ditto

WaitWhat
Jul 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
How do I go about uninstalling the fix so as to stop the random messages? I actually tracked down someone on FB whom I was getting messages from, turns out he's getting mine as well. Neither of us know each other, at least we didn't until now.

iPlato
Sep 16, 2009, 10:24 PM
How do I go about uninstalling the fix so as to stop the random messages? I actually tracked down someone on FB whom I was getting messages from, turns out he's getting mine as well. Neither of us know each other, at least we didn't until now.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm still not getting any push notifications after jailbreaking to 3.1 on a 2g iPhone. I'm using a pay as you go sim card so I had to hacktivate it as well. I'd try the PushFix, but I don't really want my im's going to random people. Any ideas?