Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheProduct

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I was wondering if there is a way for Beejive to automatically sign me out of all my Instant Messengers when i log in on my computer. Instead of it saying you are currently logged in to....on 2 different computers. It would be nice if it would just realize I am logged in somewhere else and just turn it off. Just a pain to be on iChat on my mbp and have then go to my iPhone in an hour or so and see 120 unread i.ms. Anybody have an idea? Yeah i know i could just sign off my iPhone but it is just a suggestion. Maybe we could enable it in the settings or something you know?

derek13

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
I was wondering if there is a way for Beejive to automatically sign me out of all my Instant Messengers when i log in on my computer. Instead of it saying you are currently logged in to....on 2 different computers. It would be nice if it would just realize I am logged in somewhere else and just turn it off. Just a pain to be on iChat on my mbp and have then go to my iPhone in an hour or so and see 120 unread i.ms. Anybody have an idea? Yeah i know i could just sign off my iPhone but it is just a suggestion. Maybe we could enable it in the settings or something you know?

When you get that message that you are signed in on 2 different computers, you can reply to that message to have it automatically sign you out on all other machines.

TheProduct

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
wow im an idiot. I cant believe ive never noticed that before. ok then delete post

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
wow im an idiot. I cant believe ive never noticed that before. ok then delete post

Thats only true for AIM. I'm actually curious if this is possible so I could utilize it with google talk. Anyone have any idea?

reelbgpunk

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2008
Yeah I would like this too for gchat and facebook. Would make it much better not getting hundreds of IMs on my phone when I got them on my computer too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.