PDA

View Full Version : Gulp... I need some help...

iSchule
Jul 5, 2009, 12:55 PM
Okay, well last night my friend Jail Broke my iPod Touch first generation because I wanted to have a wallpaper and the original iPod Touch dock. So Anyway! I wanted the original stuff back so took off the theme and It was working okay. But the dock was all weird and had 5 slots instead of 4..

So I was outside with my friend and I thought oh I might as well try to reset the ipod. So the apple with the little loading bar popped up and it was working but it froze up. So I held the home and power button to shut it off.

So here is the real problem! When ever I turn on the iPod it starts to turn on and I see the apple. But then it just shuts off. iTunes is not detecting it, and it is not charging.

I am screwed because the apple store won't cover it because of my stupidity. But my warranty was done anyway.

So I want to restore and never jail break it again...

What can I do to fix this? Please Help! :confused:

macJC50640
Jul 5, 2009, 08:12 PM
Wow, I was going to say just connect it to a computer but I guess you already tried that...sorry I can't be of much help...

I suppose you could TRY taking it into Apple...I don't know
:confused: :(

iphonesrq
Jul 5, 2009, 08:20 PM
I would call apple, rather than go to the apple store...this way they might not catch that you were JBing

iMouse
Jul 5, 2009, 08:30 PM
Okay, well last night my friend Jail Broke my iPod Touch first generation because I wanted to have a wallpaper and the original iPod Touch dock. So Anyway! I wanted the original stuff back so took off the theme and It was working okay. But the dock was all weird and had 5 slots instead of 4..

So I was outside with my friend and I thought oh I might as well try to reset the ipod. So the apple with the little loading bar popped up and it was working but it froze up. So I held the home and power button to shut it off.

So here is the real problem! When ever I turn on the iPod it starts to turn on and I see the apple. But then it just shuts off. iTunes is not detecting it, and it is not charging.

I am screwed because the apple store won't cover it because of my stupidity. But my warranty was done anyway.

So I want to restore and never jail break it again...

What can I do to fix this? Please Help! :confused:

Throw the device in DFU mode and restore. This is common on failed jailbreaks. :-)

Here's a quick tutorial that I came across...

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?t=566

Hope this helps!