Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Hi everyone,

"Mummy's Revenge" is now featured by Apple in the "WHAT WE'RE PLAYING" section of the iTunes Appstore. Thanks for all the supporters.

MUMMY'S REVENGE LITE is FREE and it's in the appstore now: LINK to APPSTORE

Join the THOUSANDS of people downloading the app.

We have been swamped with emails about how great the update is. BIGGER & BETTER WEAPONS, a BOSS LEVEL, NEW BACKGROUNDS, & all the bugs are fixed. All done in a little over a month.

Here's a link to the GAMEPLAY VIDEO:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2q-j6UTMU

Mummy's Revenge is getting updated all the time, think Pocket God and Zombieville mixed together. :D We plan new updates every month with new features, we are currently working on the 3rd Chapter, Take a look below at our list of chapters below.

Joe Adventure in Mummy's Revenge:

Chapter 1: Anubis Awakes
- 5 Weapons (including grenades)
- Battle Mummies and Anubis
- Desert Background

Chapter 2: A Pharaohs Wrath
- 10 New Weapons
- New Enemy/Boss "The Pharaoh"
- New Background "The Caves"

Coming Soon:

Chapter 3: When Mummies Fly
- New Weapon
- New Enemy/Boss "Flying Mummies"
- New Background "The Tomb"

Here are some pics showcasing all the new features that people voted for.

enemy4.png

gamefieldfly.png

By apptasticapps at 2009-08-02

New%20Home%20Screen.jpg

Flame Thrower:
Flame%20Thrower%20New%20Stage.jpg

Dual magnum:
Dual%20Magnum%20New%20Stage.jpg

Boss Level:
Boss%20Level%20UW.jpg

Pharaoh Raising the Dead:
Boss%20Level%20Dual%20Magnums.jpg

Pharaoh and his friends
Boss%20Level%20Dual%20Magnum%202.jpg

ALL THE WEAPONS:
All%20Weapons%20Displayed.jpg

THE GAME IS ON SALE DUE TO BEING FEATURED IN ITUNES FOR $0.99

Link to Appstore: Mummy's Revenge

For more information on the game here is a link http://www.apptasticapps.com/Mummys_Revenge.html

For anyone interested in App Development, here is a link to an interview where I shared some info on creating Mummy's Revenge:

Link to Interview:
http://www.tridistar.com/2009/06/23/apptasticapps-mummys-revenge-interview/

If anyone has additional questions about game development, or the effects of being featured in iTunes, ask away in this thread and I'll be happy to answer. :)

As promised I won't leave you guys hanging. I need as much support from all of you as possible. I'm working on another update for the game with even more weapons, and enemies, and levels. I promise to deliver a great gaming experience. :D

I've also gotten started with a brand new game that I can't wait to show all of you. Thanks again to everyone.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Just bought it - its a cool little game (reminds me a little bit of the Lego games). Only played the first level so far as I'm at work but I'll give it a good bash later! Good work!

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Just bought it - its a cool little game (reminds me a little bit of the Lego games). Only played the first level so far as I'm at work but I'll give it a good bash later! Good work!

Thanks for the support, I'm sure you'll love the update when its available, it adds much more gameplay and it's free. We are working on more weapons and backgrounds for the update after that. :D

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
1.5 is OUT

The update is out and the game is getting rave reviews in the appstore. :D

I'm glad everyone likes it, we are planning many more updates. We are climbing the ranks of the Top Paid Arcade and Adventure section of the Appstore, thank you to all the supporters. :D

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009

So, what did you think, I hope you enjoyed it. I will be posting a video shortly so people can see how well made the game is.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I really like the game. Had it since it first came out. But what about be able to jump or duck? Or run faster?

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I like it very much but, the whole game grinds to a halt and becomes very laggy at the end of level 5. Makes for a very short gaming experience. Can't go any further. Look forward to the update.

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
I like it very much but, the whole game grinds to a halt and becomes very laggy at the end of level 5. Makes for a very short gaming experience. Can't go any further. Look forward to the update.

Hi Lost,

As you already know the update has already been submitted and should be approved any day now. But a quick fix for the older generation iPhone or iPod tuch would be to simply exit the game (don't worry it saves your game) then start the game back up. Then your back in business, blasting Mummys at full speed. Newer iPhones and iPod touches won't notice this temporary problem because they have faster processors. Thanks for the support. I'll be posting a YouTube video shortly showcasing the new update, with all the weapons, the new background, and the boss level.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

How on earth do you beat the first boss???

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
How on earth do you beat the first boss???

my sentiments exactly, though I am (currently) hampered by a degree of lag during that level. I am led to believe you need a truckload of grenades and preferably automatic weapons, though to be honest, I haven't yet seen any benefit in upgrading the weapons. They don't seem to pack any bugger punch, with the exception of the magnums, which allow you to shoot both ways at once. But the shotgun, automatic and minigun all seem to kill the same.

Edit: from the Dev: tips for beating the boss. Use an automatic weapon such as the Rifle (it's $2,000) buy it at the end of level 4. Stock up on Grenades. The key to winning is hiding in the pyramid during a fireball/earthquake attack (it drops like 25% of your life. Toss some grenades at him and keep firing the automatic till he drops dead. The 2 extra lives in the 1.51 update (should be available anyday now) will help you out quite a bit.

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
my sentiments exactly, though I am (currently) hampered by a degree of lag during that level. I am led to believe you need a truckload of grenades and preferably automatic weapons, though to be honest, I haven't yet seen any benefit in upgrading the weapons. They don't seem to pack any bugger punch, with the exception of the magnums, which allow you to shoot both ways at once. But the shotgun, automatic and minigun all seem to kill the same.

Edit: from the Dev: tips for beating the boss. Use an automatic weapon such as the Rifle (it's $2,000) buy it at the end of level 4. Stock up on Grenades. The key to winning is hiding in the pyramid during a fireball/earthquake attack (it drops like 25% of your life. Toss some grenades at him and keep firing the automatic till he drops dead. The 2 extra lives in the 1.51 update (should be available anyday now) will help you out quite a bit.

You know it's funny, some people tell me it's too easy and some people say it's too hard. The truth is it's a puzzle and if you figure it out you can beat the boss. The upgraded weapons do actually pack a larger punch, keep trying you'll notice that the enemies get tougher and your pistols and dual barrell shotgun won't really be effective.

As always thanks for the comments and the positive reviews. They are really keeping this game in the top paid categories. Thanks.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
I get the best weapon in the game after lvl 1. I'm on lvl 35ish with over 25k bullets for the super gun and also have every gun purchased.

JBmoney13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2009
New Chapter 3: When Mummies Fly Update

Wanted to share some analytics with those that are interested.

Mummy's Revenge is being played on average twice a day. For a total of 38 minutes on average. Thats about 18 minutes of playtime every time a player starts a game.

The Lite version is also getting great playtime, and it has only one level. The conversion rates are high, and overall I'm very satisfied with it's performance so far.

People have left great reviews and are very happy with the new chapters that are on the way. Next chapter is going to be:

CHAPTER 3: WHEN MUMMIES FLY (Look at the pictures attached) :D

gamefieldfly.png

enemy4.png

includes:
New Minigame/Boss Level
New Background
New Weapon
Integration with Open Feint (Online high scores and achievements)

Thanks for all the supporters,

Please tell me what you think about the pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.