PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Sacred Cash Cow

MacBytes
Jun 2, 2004, 11:11 PM
Category: Reviews
Link: Microsoft\'s Sacred Cash Cow (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040603001121)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

winmacguy
Jun 3, 2004, 12:01 AM
A very interesting and insightful article from a former Microsoft employee who has discovered the joys of OSX. A wee bit long but a fantastic read. :)

donco
Jun 3, 2004, 12:26 AM
A very interesting and insightful article from a former Microsoft employee who has discovered the joys of OSX. A wee bit long but a fantastic read. :)

It is a very good read. Although his near bottom line "I have no doubt that Microsoft will lead the industry with some incredible advances in the coming years." kind of confounds me.

winmacguy
Jun 3, 2004, 01:30 AM
It is a very good read. Although his near bottom line "I have no doubt that Microsoft will lead the industry with some incredible advances in the coming years." kind of confounds me.

Well he is after all a former Microsoft employee! ;)

Sabenth
Jun 3, 2004, 03:27 AM
by far the most intresting read ive had for a long time. Noticed that they didnt go on to mention much about osx not as much as id like to have heard or the fact that the whole OS update issue with windows vs OSX i reacently got hold of a brand new Powerbook 15inch 1.5ghz ive updated it a couple of times now. Ive had to re format my xp home box twice in as many weeks. The problem i see is that Ms is slowly loosing its grip with reality and that apple and linux and everyone else can see it.

I loved the part about bill been stupied and smarter people well there must be some one there whose smart because they do rule the pc world ....

What intrests me is were are these supper new refreshing ideas coming from Apple know dobut hahaha

xtbfx
Jun 3, 2004, 07:32 AM
by far the most intresting read ive had for a long time. Noticed that they didnt go on to mention much about osx not as much as id like to have heard or the fact that the whole OS update issue with windows vs OSX i reacently got hold of a brand new Powerbook 15inch 1.5ghz ive updated it a couple of times now. Ive had to re format my xp home box twice in as many weeks. The problem i see is that Ms is slowly loosing its grip with reality and that apple and linux and everyone else can see it.

I loved the part about bill been stupied and smarter people well there must be some one there whose smart because they do rule the pc world ....

What intrests me is were are these supper new refreshing ideas coming from Apple know dobut hahaha

Wow, anyone else get a headache from reading this? haha

Not to offend you, but it would be nice to have some punctuation!!!

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 3, 2004, 10:37 AM
Wow, that was pretty long. You can read the last 2 paragraphs and get the idea of the article. I really liked it though and found it interesting, like when Bill Gates said:

“What? Do you think I’m stupid?”

MacRohde
Jun 3, 2004, 11:25 AM
Yes, very interesting read indeed.

adamjay
Jun 3, 2004, 04:37 PM
Damn long article.
I think many windows users will simpathize with his experiences of having to constantly reboot, needing to reboot to get programs to work again, and programs that have stopped functioning completely. and then he goes on to say "i got a G5" and no mentioning of problems with it.

Consumer discontent is steadily growing amongst windows users, and this makes Apple more than just an alternative but rather an all around solution.

RayCon
Jun 3, 2004, 06:38 PM
Excellent article and, I believe, one written with as little bias as is humanly possible. I read another article, in the not too distant past, where mindless use of Windows was approximately equivalent to brain damage (or brainwashing).

I use a Windows laptop for work. It is not laden with modifications. In fact, the only software it has that did not come with it is MS Office XP and Dragon Naturally Speaking. The applications never work right, and I am forever amazed that Word for the Mac far surpasses Word for Windows. Imagine, a Microsoft product done better on a non-Windows operating system. Heck, even Microsoft Explorer is better on a Mac.

Unlike the Windows laptop I use, my Mac has more third-party system enhancements than you could shake a stick at, yet having to continually reboot due to frequent crashes is now a distant memory.

If even 10% of the Windows lemmings would try Mac OS X for, say, a week, within a year, the Mac's market share would double.