PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order your iTrip-mini now

MacBytes
Jun 2, 2004, 11:11 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Pre-order your iTrip-mini now (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040603001138)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nagromme
Jun 3, 2004, 02:47 AM
RF isn't perfect--if you live in a "crowded" frequency location, you have to follow the tips that come with the Station Finder app, and maybe even lower your car's external antenna to reduce interference. BUT nothing else can connect to many cars that don't have aux-in or cassettes, and nothing else offers the flexibility and the lack of wires. When I get an iPod, it will have an iTrip.

And they styled it EXACTLY like I'd wish--simple and a perfect match. Makes me want to buy a Mini now, instead of waiting to compare it to the 4G iPod!

http://www.griffintechnology.com/images/products/prod_itrip_mini.jpg

mainstreetmark
Jun 3, 2004, 09:27 AM
Yeah - I used iTrip for my iPod pretty much as soon as I got it, and was always really bummed by iPod's crappy battery performance. I'd get like 5 hours at max. Then, one day, iTrip broke, and I was forced to use a cassette adapter, and suddenly, I could use the iPod for seemingly days (well, several hour-long trips over the course of days).

I doubt I'll replace the iTrip.

JohnGillilan
Jun 3, 2004, 09:54 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the iTrip is a worthless piece of crap?? The sound quality is untolerable in my opinion. And choosing the station's through a playlist, playing a noise for 2 seconds, hitting pause . . . etc. I have a hard time finding that quick and user friendly.

A@ron
Jun 3, 2004, 10:21 AM
RF has always been poor quality and troublesome for me. Thats why I bought a power/lineout car adapter from belkin. Nice thing about it is not only does it provide an audio out, but it charges the ipod all through the dock connector. The volume knob on it also works independently of the iPods volume which is a nice bonus. Frankly it looks cool, but Im sure it eats power and is only an acceptable solution for those without line in.

A@ron

PlaceofDis
Jun 3, 2004, 10:36 AM
RF has always been poor quality and troublesome for me. Thats why I bought a power/lineout car adapter from belkin. Nice thing about it is not only does it provide an audio out, but it charges the ipod all through the dock connector. The volume knob on it also works independently of the iPods volume which is a nice bonus. Frankly it looks cool, but Im sure it eats power and is only an acceptable solution for those without line in.

A@ron

i have a line in on my car, what adapter do you use? could you give a link? thanks

JonasLoaf
Jun 3, 2004, 10:55 AM
i have a line in on my car, what adapter do you use? could you give a link? thanks

This (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=149006) is the one that I use. I love it. If you have a line in on your deck there's just no reason to get an iTrip. They just aren't practical.

A@ron
Jun 3, 2004, 10:56 AM
yup thats the one I use too, Best Buy, Target and other retailers have em for $39.99 (so the belkin website is $10 more expensive).

A@ron

macridah
Jun 3, 2004, 12:26 PM
iTrip is cool, but you definitely need a car lighter adapter to keep your iPod charged. Monster has a pretty cool one that does both charge and play music via the FM station.

This iTrip mini sure does look cooler than the regular iTrip. But what's up with the price increase!?

But nowadays, I just use my audio out and a car lighter charger. It sounds much better. I'm interested to see the upcoming Alpine car stereo that fully integrates with the iPod. That should be cool, but expensive.

jbembe
Jun 3, 2004, 06:37 PM
iTrip is cool, but you definitely need a car lighter adapter to keep your iPod charged. Monster has a pretty cool one that does both charge and play music via the FM station.

This iTrip mini sure does look cooler than the regular iTrip. But what's up with the price increase!?

But nowadays, I just use my audio out and a car lighter charger. It sounds much better. I'm interested to see the upcoming Alpine car stereo that fully integrates with the iPod. That should be cool, but expensive.

What is that?!!!

I want one of those!

jer2665
Jun 3, 2004, 10:58 PM
super, and knowing griffin technology, i'm sure it'll _really_ be out just in time for the 4th gen ipods. I'm not happy with them at all, i pre ordered mine for my ipod, and it was supposed to be out a month later, 4 months after that, i gave up on them. I'm not a big fan of theirs.

macridah
Jun 4, 2004, 12:38 AM
What is that?!!!

I want one of those!

monster charger and RF

http://www.monstercable.com/computer/productPageComputer.asp?pin=2084

and

alpine stereo

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/industry_news/article_650.shtml

enjoy

Cooknn
Jun 4, 2004, 08:27 AM
I'm not a big fan of theirs.I had an iFire and it fried while connected to my G5 and Apple Pro speakers. Griffin Technology never returned my e-mail. Not sure if it toasted my Apple Pro speakers as well - just threw them in the closet and grabbed some Bose Companion 3's...

Chip NoVaMac
Apr 4, 2005, 06:34 PM
Thought I would chime in on the iTrip mini. Our store just got them in, and thought that it might be a nice add-on for my new iPod mini 1G.

Just played with it for the first time today. No problems with setup. Did have to do a soft reset in order to get the iTrip to work with radio and iPod mini. No drifting off the 88.76 or 88.1 (forgot which) in the NOVA area of DC. Much better than the DLO Transpod for my regular iPod.

Abstract
Apr 5, 2005, 05:06 AM

I'd get the Monster offering as well. Who'd get an iTrip? Seriously.