PDA

View Full Version : Which Apple Store is The BEST ?

Apple of my eye
Jun 3, 2004, 11:49 AM
I have been to many Apple stores in California and have noticed a considerable difference in size of the store and selection of products. Which Apple store should be crowned King? I personally found the corporate store in Cupertino to be the best so far.

janey
Jun 3, 2004, 01:29 PM
my personal favorites are the ones at the Grove, Santa Monica and San Francisco
the company store is nice too :)

jxyama
Jun 3, 2004, 02:29 PM
i've been to several in midwest and east coast. novi, troy (both Michigan), king of prussia (PA), short hills (NJ) but the best one i've been to is:

north michigan ave., chicago.

sorry if i took this OT in case you were limiting to CA...

quagmire
Jun 3, 2004, 02:41 PM
Tysons Corner and Montgomery mall apple stores are the best.

Kwyjibo
Jun 3, 2004, 02:46 PM
Michigan Avenue Chicago, excellent location for apple and its a great looking store.

legion
Jun 3, 2004, 02:59 PM
Easily SoHo. I've been to all the flagships in the US (LA, SF, Chicago, NYC) and the NYC one is the best integrated into the stylings of the neighborhood while epitomizing the Apple philosophy.

The SF one is just a monstrosity and looks out of place. It just looks like something dropped out of the sky and is the same cookie-cutter layout of NYC. Nothing was done to personalize it for the city and the space.

The LA Grove one looks like a nice building. Doesn't go with the rest of the mall (which is Italian-styled) but looks thoroughly modern though smaller than the rest of the flagships. It reminds me of a luxury clothing store in Texas (where they tend to make large sq feet stores just 'cause they have the land)-- it's nice but ho humm.

I think my second vote would go to the Chicago store. Good location, somewhat integrated into the surroundings. However, in Chicago, the Sony store across the street and up a ways is much better done architecturally (though it is much smaller)

However, in the end, all the other flagships (less so for the Grove) are hack jobs of the Soho store. It's really clear that's true even looking at the Japan store. The interiors were appropriate for SoHo, but they don't look quite right in the other buildings and designs.

latergator116
Jun 3, 2004, 04:48 PM
I've been to three apple store in New England - Westafarms in Connecticut, Peabody in Mass. and CambridgeSide also in Mass. (Cambridge). The one in Cambridge is nice because it is easy to get to from boston and is closer to the city than the Peabody store. Though, it has been looking a little run down lately (last time I went there was December). The one in Peabody is nice, but it is out of the way so I never go there. The Westfarms apple store is about 2 hours away, but the one time I did visit I didn't like it. Not so much the store I didn't like, but the mall was very depressing. :(

adamjay
Jun 3, 2004, 04:53 PM
i can tell you which store sucks: Indianapolis - Keystone @ the Crossing.
as Apple Stores in malls are typically cookie cut one in the same.

The Apple Store in Mexico City is very nice... some good natural light going on and not so sterile on the outside like the SF store.

Horrortaxi
Jun 3, 2004, 05:37 PM
If I'm buying, I'm probably online. So when I'm in an Apple Store I'm probably there to see the genius. So far I've had the best luck in the Glendale store. The longest I've had to wait is about 5 minutes. When I go to the Pasadena store they're usually taking names and having a 90 minute wait--so I go back to Glendale and get right in. Also, if you go at the right time of day and know the parking garages well you can park fairly close in Glendale.

jaw04005
Jun 5, 2004, 11:01 PM
Ive only been to the Saddle Creek Apple Store. It was one of the first wave of stores built, but is hardly a flagship store. Its nice and fits in with the surroundings but I have yet to see a crowd.

toughboy
Jun 6, 2004, 06:33 AM
I've been to three Apple Stores while I was visiting USA, which are Walden Galleria A.S. in Buffalo NY, CambridgeSide Galleria A.S. in Boston and finally SoHo NYC. You know what, I'm really curious about the malls in CA, but I'm not expecting something better than SoHo store..

I remember the moment I saw the Apple sign on the corner of the mall (what street was it, Prince??) and I remember that I realised that the second floor was all glass when was talking to the genius... I miss SoHo..

SpaceMagic
Jun 6, 2004, 06:37 AM
The soon to be (this Autumn, cough*** this fall) London European Flagship store! 3 stories, 20000 sq. feet of Apple Bliss! Cannot wait until opening I hope they are selling those goody bags!

MacFan26
Jun 6, 2004, 06:50 AM
I've been to five. I've been to all three in Arizona, the one in Chicago, and the one in Honolulu. Chicago is awesome, of course, and I also like the one at the Biltmore in Arizona. The other three are the "mall like" versions. Chandler is in a great location, and they have a theater. The store in Tucson is in a pretty good location, but every time I've been there it's been nearly empty. They do offer the education price in store though, I don't think that's offered at all of them (am I wrong?) The one in Honolulu is at the best shopping place in the city, it's a pretty small store though.

Abstract
Jun 6, 2004, 10:24 AM
The soon to be (this Autumn, cough*** this fall) London European Flagship store! 3 stories, 20000 sq. feet of Apple Bliss! Cannot wait until opening I hope they are selling those goody bags!

I think that'll be one of the best. Its their first in Europe, and in one of the biggest and most expensive shopping areas in the world, Apple knows it has to make it right.

I've never been to an Apple store. If they're selling the same basic products, how different can one get from the other? Architecture, yes, but what else? I imagine them to all look white, sterile, and nice.

janey
Jun 7, 2004, 02:00 AM
the apple store @ the grove was getting a remodel...
plasma screens at the genius bar, new counter upstairs...drool.

Savage Henry
Jun 7, 2004, 02:17 AM
I think that'll be one of the best. Its their first in Europe, and in one of the biggest and most expensive shopping areas in the world, Apple knows it has to make it right.

I've never been to an Apple store. If they're selling the same basic products, how different can one get from the other? Architecture, yes, but what else? I imagine them to all look white, sterile, and nice.

Darn tootin'. London store should, by all definitions, rock.

But as far as comparatives go I will be less considered an authority. I have only been to one in a mall in LA and I was considerably underwhelmed...I was also considerably over jet-lagged, but I don't think that impaired my judgment too much. However, I did think that the sterile-look environment somehow suited the Apple image.

BrianKonarsMac
Jun 7, 2004, 02:21 AM
Chicago. I live here.

Mav451
Jun 7, 2004, 02:24 AM
Tysons Corner and Montgomery mall apple stores are the best.

Haha, those are the only 2 I have seen (within 30-min trip anyway), so I will agree with him :)

tekno_geek911
Jun 7, 2004, 02:57 AM
Michigan Avenue Chicago, excellent location for apple and its a great looking store.

I agree.

Krizoitz
Jun 7, 2004, 05:38 AM
Ginza, no doubt.

wrldwzrd89
Jun 7, 2004, 07:36 AM
I am so glad Apple opened the Legacy Village store in Lyndhurst, Ohio. Before that was open, I had to make a 2-hour drive to the Easton store in Columbus, Ohio (or go even farther southwest to the store in Cincinnati, which I never did). The only time Legacy Village gets busy is during special events, like the Panther launch (which was also on the first day the store was open). The store also fits the surroundings well. Any of you that live in Northern Ohio should check it out.

mms
Jun 7, 2004, 07:23 PM
SoHo is nice.

Anyone been to the Ginza store in Tokyo? I've heard that's pretty nice too.