Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrr66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
I have a Powerbook G4, with OS x.2. Recently, a problem has been recurring, although it comes and goes. Sometimes, while browsing (with Safari), it will stop accessing pages. I'll click a link, the blue bar will move about an inch then stop. No matter how long I wait, it stays stuck there. I try other bookmarks, other pages, and the same thing. I quit out of the browser and reopen, and it still happens--can't even find the home page. It's like when you're disconnected, but according to the top bar, the connection is still up. THEN, when I go to the phone icon up top to disconnect, it says disconnecting....disconnecting...but never finishes disconnecting. Just keeps scrolling disconnecting over and over. I have to then shut down and restart if I want to get back online. Then, sometimes it will work. Is this a modem problem? Something about the browser that messes up the connection sometimes? I can't predict exactly when this will happen, although it may be on sites that require passwords--maybe something to do with high security sites????

thanks --jrr66

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
hmm, this could be really easy to figure out or really hard.

the first thing i would do is check for interference on the phone cable i.e. move transformers and such away from the phone cord. next switch to a different phone cord make sure that is ok. i would also check at someone else's house. this will eliminate any wiring problems and phone company problems. other than that good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.