Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddyq

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I'm reading the Xcode Quick Tour Guide. Under the heading "Using Interface Builder" of "Editing Project Files" #1 says "In the Groups & Files list, select the project group and double-click MainMenu.nib in the detail view. But there is no group called "project". So I double clicked NIB Files and found MainMenu.nib.

Then #2a says In the MainMenu.nib window, click Classes. But there is no "Classes" listed after I double-clikc on MainMenu.nib in the detail view.

Has something changed? If so how do I complete this item?

Could it be that I'm not in "Interface Builder"? If not, how do I bring up "Interface Builder" (I did everything in the previous lessons).

ollickle

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
Xcode Quick Tour Guide Query

Agree completely, I'm stuck there too.
Documentation version and Software version may not agree but I can't find old software Guide downloads.
I am using Xcode 3.0 on Mac 10.5.8 both from original install disk.

A worry I hope can be resolved as it hinders any interesting progress.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
You have not indicated the version of Xcode you are working with. Is it a 2.x.x or 3.x version.

The "Project Group" is the first entry in the "Groups & Files" list. Note it's icon and name matches that of your project file.

Double-clicking "MainMenu.nib" will have launched "Interface Builder" which in turn will have loaded "MainMenu.nib" for editing. It is within "Interface Builder" builder that you are expected to click Classes. The 3.x version of "Interface Builder" no longer has the described organization. I beleive what is being described is what ships with the 2.5.x versions.

"Interface Builder" is located in the same folder as Xcode, "/Developer/Applications".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.