Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Hey,

Just thought some people would find it interesting. The Sony Ericsson codenamed Rachael that will run Android was rumored a few days back and screenshots of the UI are now available. Like the HTC Sense UI, this is a custom skin of Android. I, and many other people, have never liked HTC hardware (partly because of the stupid chin on their Android devices) so this should be something to look forward to.

The Rachael UI

The SE Rachael phone

vinay427

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
That looks pretty sweet. Sony Ericsson makes cool devices.

If that Android OS is anything like the one coming onto the HTC Hero then it will be awesome.

I really think the HTC Hero can give the iPhone a run for the money. I started thinking today about how mundane opening and closing apps all the time is becoming.

I really like the idea of multi-tasking on that Hero.

Attachments

• large_hero_6v.jpg
    large_hero_6v.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
T

I really think the HTC Hero can give the iPhone a run for the money. I started thinking today about how mundane opening and closing apps all the time is becoming.

I really like the idea of multi-tasking on that Hero.

I only wish that the white will be available in US when it arrives.

iPod Touch 3G + HTC Hero > iPhone 3GS

IMO. :D

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I only wish that the white will be available in US when it arrives.

iPod Touch 3G + HTC Hero > iPhone 3GS

IMO. :D

Yep. I've never liked white, and by never liked, I mean ABSOLUTELY DESPISE. If that Teflon thing works though, consider me sold because discoloration is my main gripe with white.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I wonder if the psp phone is going to be based off these.

Interesting... :D

An Android game system. Imagine the possibilities.
[thinking about people buying PSP games from the Android Market... :D]

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I have a Android HTC Dev 1 in my hand right now, and chin and all its a pretty solid device. Granted I paid $50 for it, the point is that it is still a pretty sweet phone. I see a LOT of potential with Android, and while I still love my 3G S, Android on the HTC is a close second, or maybe a tie in my book. This SE phone looks pretty cool.

And yeah the chin looks a bit dumb, but its not as awful as it appears.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Why? All of my SEs have been amazing.

Dunno. The layout seems to be a lot of style over function, much like people classify Vista/Windows 7. Perhaps more so.

It could well be a joy to use, and I'm the first to give benefit of the doubt, but just from that demo it looks all about the pretty and not so much about the practical.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
If I wasn't using an iPhone, I would be using an SE. Their phones aren't flashy, and some would say they are way behind the times with most of their phones, but they have always just worked for me. Solid, reliable phones. I miss multiple things about my last SE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.