Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wotan31

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Newsflash! This just in! Michael Jackson is still dead.

Can we get back to some real news now? :rolleyes:

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Very nice.

One interesting aspect though: this has got to be one of the highest quality videos I've ever seen on YouTube that fits into the standard widescreen display used by that service.

Whoever took the videos must have used a small HD camcorder.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
People must get over Michael Jackson now. Just like they were 15 years before his death.

Yeah, that's like telling Elvis fans to get over his death too. Dude, let those who want to mourn, mourn. It's not your business to tell people to 'get over it' or 'move on'.

Would you like it if someone's death affected you (however minutely) and a stranger told you to get over it?

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
That's pretty good. :) I wonder how they got so many people to train for this and participate?
Neat video.

That is a good question.

someone told me that they had a short choreography session for any willing participants, and just did it at the specified time.
Makes sense. Hard to believe folks just joined in.

People must get over Michael Jackson now. Just like they were 15 years before his death.
Why? Because you say so? Sorry, but I will continue to enjoy. :)

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Yeah, that's like telling Elvis fans to get over his death too. Dude, let those who want to mourn, mourn. It's not your business to tell people to 'get over it' or 'move on'.

Would you like it if someone's death affected you (however minutely) and a stranger told you to get over it?

Elvis wasn't a weird, sick pedophile. MJ only had a few good songs anyway. I'm glad he is dead, and people (the general public who had no personal connection to him) who are still mourning his death are idiots who have nothing better to do with their life.

Why? Because you say so? Sorry, but I will continue to enjoy. :)

No, because I know so. You probably have never met him, had no personal connection to him. Continue to enjoy his music if you want, but why mourn his death? It's not like he had any good music since the late 80s. And don't talk to me about that tour he was going to do because that would have been a flop IMO.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Elvis wasn't a weird, sick pedophile. MJ only had a few good songs anyway. I'm glad he is dead, and people (the general public who had no personal connection to him) who are still mourning his death are idiots who have nothing better to do with their life.

No, because I know so. You probably have never met him, had no personal connection to him. Continue to enjoy his music if you want, but why mourn his death? It's not like he had any good music since the late 80s. And don't talk to me about that tour he was going to do because that would have been a flop IMO.

Oh God, here comes another idiot.

Flop? Yeah, that's why all 50 shows sold out in a few hours. :rolleyes:

Pedophile? We've already discussed that to death - more than 70 investigators checked it out - (more than any serial murderer's investigation) - he was proven innocent. Also defies common sense that he would spend time with thousands of kids but only 3 sued - apparently he had a talent for picking the right kids with a history of fraudulent claims to molest, didn't he?

He had a few good songs anyway? He had a massive number of great songs - you probably haven't even heard them all. Next you'll probably say he wasn't a good performer either.

Music does form a connection - you wouldn't be able to understand that. If you've grown up your entire life listening to someone's music or watching someone on TV and they made a difference to you - if their actions or songs cheered you up, made you think, whatever, it does make a connection.

People have the right to mourn, just because you don't and by calling them 'idiots' - makes you a terribly despicable individual. Take your hatred somewhere else if you have nothing to contribute.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Oh God, here comes another idiot.

Flop? Yeah, that's why all 50 shows sold out in a few hours. :rolleyes:

Pedophile? We've already discussed that to death - more than 70 investigators checked it out - (more than any serial murderer's investigation) - he was proven innocent. Also defies common sense that he would spend time with thousands of kids but only 3 sued - apparently he had a talent for picking the right kids with a history of fraudulent claims to molest, didn't he?

He had a few good songs anyway? He had a massive number of great songs - you probably haven't even heard them all. Next you'll probably say he wasn't a good performer either.

Music does form a connection - you wouldn't be able to understand that. If you've grown up your entire life listening to someone's music or watching someone on TV and they made a difference to you - if their actions or songs cheered you up, made you think, whatever, it does make a connection.

People have the right to mourn, just because you don't and by calling them 'idiots' - makes you a terribly despicable individual. Take your hatred somewhere else if you have nothing to contribute.

I do have something to contribute. I am entitled to my opinion. I didn't say I hated MJ (I have no personal connection to him). I just said I'm glad he is dead. I don't care what 70 investigators said, that guy was a freak (naming your child "blanket", being friends with an Orang-utan, having all those disgusting plastic surgeries, drawing on pillows when he went to hotels, building an amusement park (I wonder why...), inviting children to his house for sleep overs (I wonder why), and the list goes on.

If he did all those things and he wasn't a superstar, people would have hated him and thought he was a complete freak. he would have been shunned from society. I don't believe someone like that should have received preferential treatment.

And again, about his songs, I think he is very overrated. I think he has a few good songs, but he was certainly not the greatest artist of all time. Again, this is my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.