Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youashwag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Does your safari history stored on your computer whenever you sync an backup through iTunes? If so, is there anyway to change this?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Yes, Im pretty sure that web history is backed up. In fact, all settings and data is generally backed up. So, basically, if you bought a new iPod touch and restored it from the backup, it will be as if you are still using the original iPod.

IIRC you can't control what's backed up.

youashwag

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Yes, Im pretty sure that web history is backed up. In fact, all settings and data is generally backed up. So, basically, if you bought a new iPod touch and restored it from the backup, it will be as if you are still using the original iPod.

IIRC you can't control what's backed up.

Okay so my next question is if I clear my history, cookies, cache and whatever else then sync and backup through iTunes will that erase the last backup an use this new one?

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Is the backup always stored on your itunes account whenever you sync or do you have to do something special?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.