Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAdVenture

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Hey guys!
For those of you who have purchase Logic Studio, was it worth the full 5 bills? :)

dLight

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
It's probably the DAW that offers the most per $. Each of the components (the convulsion reverb, the sampler, the sound libraries, Soundtrack Pro etc.) were formerly sold separately.

The 'real' price of these product should probably be around $3000, so everybody was surprised when the bundle was set to only $995 when Logic 7 was released. $500 is a steal, but Apple can afford to give it away.

TheAdVenture

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Thank you for your replies! I am looking to purchase it. I am currently using Reason and Fruity Loops. :) oh the Excitement!

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
IMO it was worth the brick it cost before, although I could not spend $1000 on software. If your really going to be utilizing Logic, it is most definitely worth the clams.

It was great that Apple cut the price by so much. It left the other DAWs playing catch up. Now we are getting a general lower price on DAWs, but the feature list as well as the bundled content is going up.

Looking at the lasted release of Cubase shows this. They lowered the price (not as drastically) but then still had to add tons of content to compete with Logic. I think the $500 price point is great, even if your not a Logic used, because chances are the other DAW of choice will be more rich at the same time as trimming the excess cash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.