PDA

View Full Version : I just got a Wi-Fi...

toughboy
Jun 5, 2004, 01:20 PM
I'll die if I wont share it with you guys.. :)

Yesterday, I made a dream of mine come true, and bought a Surecom external wireless router thing.. man, I'm so glad that I'll be able to surf with my 12"PB instead of my beige peecee chunk.. and I'm so glad that I'll write on this forum with my PB after today..

but now I need some programs to use like icq, msn, dc++, entourage and etc that I used to use on my pc.. do you have any other recommendations??

virividox
Jun 5, 2004, 01:35 PM
dc++, icq , msn, aim, all have mac versions as well as bitorrent

entourage comes with ms office but mac has mail

toughboy
Jun 5, 2004, 01:41 PM
dc++, icq , msn, aim, all have mac versions as well as bitorrent

entourage comes with ms office but mac has mail

yeah I realised that entourage is not free after I posted the thread, but I guess I already need an office pack for my mac, so that will come with that.

I just installed the mac version of icq and well, I didnt like it just as the pc version.. it feels crappy, I don't know why..

but thanks anyways virividox.. :)

Veldek
Jun 5, 2004, 01:53 PM
For ICQ, AIM and MSN try Proteus, a multi-protocol IM client. I like it much better than ICQ.

Powerbook G5
Jun 5, 2004, 02:00 PM
I'm using Adium right now which is free unlike Proteus and allows for some really great GUI customization.

toughboy
Jun 5, 2004, 02:12 PM
I'm using Adium right now which is free unlike Proteus and allows for some really great GUI customization.

I just saw adium, it looks nice and worth to try..

there is something I wanna know, is it worth to get an aim account to be able to use iChat? is it that good??

Powerbook G5
Jun 5, 2004, 02:15 PM
An AIM account is free, so why not.

baby duck monge
Jun 5, 2004, 03:05 PM
congrats!

and i'll put in another vote for adium. it's by no means a finished product yet, but it's certainly plenty stable to be your everyday client. and it supports so many different protocols it's unbelievable. basically, adium rocks my world (and the fact that it's all about the ducks doesn't hurt, either).

toughboy
Jun 5, 2004, 04:25 PM
congrats!

and i'll put in another vote for adium. it's by no means a finished product yet, but it's certainly plenty stable to be your everyday client. and it supports so many different protocols it's unbelievable. basically, adium rocks my world (and the fact that it's all about the ducks doesn't hurt, either).

thanks..

I just downloaded adium and liked it pretty much, thanks for the recommendations about that..

titaniumducky
Jun 5, 2004, 04:52 PM
thanks..

I just downloaded adium and liked it pretty much, thanks for the recommendations about that..

Fire is also a free multi-protocol chat client.

toughboy
Jun 5, 2004, 06:42 PM

Fire... hmmm.. cool name for a product isnt it.. reminds me firewire though..

janey
Jun 5, 2004, 08:22 PM
fire sucks ass compared to adium
adium is more customizable, and more often updated, plus they have a great community both on the forums and on #adium.

go adium!!!!! may you beat the crap out of every other chat client out there ;)

Powerbook G5
Jun 5, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah, now that it doesn't constantly crash on me, Adium is really awesome. I still have trouble using the direct connect/file sharing feature, but with each new release it seems to gain more functionality.

toughboy
Jun 6, 2004, 05:54 AM
Yeah, not that it doesn't constantly crash on me, Adium is really awesome. I still have trouble using the direct connect/file sharing feature, but with each new release it seems to gain more functionality.

adium crashed on me yesterday night while I was changing the 'away message' feature, but suddenly report page appeared, and even that page is really well designed, I wrote the problem and you know what, they wrote me back today, telling that that is a bug with the 0.58 version and will be fixed in the next one!.. they are good, I liked that :)