Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Go Dog Go

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hey everyone. I am doing a cost related project for a company I just started working for, and I need to figure out "on average", what the yield is on a certain printer.

The printer is the HP DesignJet 1055CM. It has CYMK cartridges, and they are all used at about the same rate (we replace them all at once). The cartridges are 350ml.

How could I obtain this information?

bbeers

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2007
Maryland
Have you tried logging into the the printer through it's IP Address. There should be an accounting tab. Or at least there is on my HP DesignJet 6100ps. once enabled it will track all paper and ink usage. If you even put in the price of the cartridge and paper it will figure an exact cost of the print, assuming no waste.

Try typing the ip address of the print into your web browser. You should then be at a webpage powered by the printer. Somewhere on that webpage you will want to find a tab that says Job Center. In Job Center you will see a like that says accounting. From there you should have a list of everything that was printed. You will also have a tab that says cost assignments. Once you start adding in the cost of your supplies in there it will start figuring out cost.

Of course this is assuming that you print handles this feature, which I can recall off the top of my head if it does or not. Hope this helps

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
Call HP and pretend you are a potential customer. Ask them what the average cost per sq. ft is for printing (line vs solid printing).

Actually, this is likely the way to go. Call their large format inkjet salespeople - I needed to know the yield information for a Designjet 6000 and was able to obtain it through this avenue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.