Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamz00

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2009
For some reason sharepod isn't working well on my ipod video and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer songs other than that. Can you openssh into the ipod to just drag the music folder onto my computer or anything?

tabasco70

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Japan
if you're using a mac, then senuti is a great option. you can get it for a 30day trial, so if for example your iTunes got wiped but all your music is on your iPod, then this is a great way to do it.
its easy to use too.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
if you're using a mac, then senuti is a great option. you can get it for a 30day trial, so if for example your iTunes got wiped but all your music is on your iPod, then this is a great way to do it.
its easy to use too.

senuti ftw... best application for iPod IMO

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
You can enable viewing of hidden files on your computer. The music lies in the iPod control folder. The only bad part about that is that you cant just choose what songs you want since the ipod renames and randomly scatters music and videos into random folders. Now if you drop that folder into itunes, it will rename and organize all those files on your computer.

sseelman

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Just tried Pod to PC and it worked really, really well. It is $10 and totally worth it. It saved so much time because you can not only copy songs from the iPod directly to iTunes, but you can easily filter JUST the songs that are not in iTunes but are on the iPod. I used it with an iPod touch and it worked flawlessly. I am going to also use it to grab songs from my wife's iPhone 3GS and my kids iPods. It does not strip out DRM, which is a good thing (IMO). If you are authorized to play the music or it came from CD at some point - then all should be good.

Forgot to add that I used this on a Windows XP laptop, but there seems to be a MAC version also.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Here's another vote for Senuti. I downloaded the trial and boom - transferred all songs on my Ipod to my computer then was able to sync up to my new IPhone. All within a very few minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.