PDA

View Full Version : Sony's new online music store falls far from Apple's iTune...

MacBytes
Jun 5, 2004, 11:41 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Sony\'s new online music store falls far from Apple\'s iTunes (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040606004116)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

winmacguy
Jun 6, 2004, 12:00 AM
Ouch! I havent heard a good review yet about Sony's online music store or codec. That probably means it is pretty crappy.

realityisterror
Jun 6, 2004, 08:48 AM
it's sony... none of their products are that good... that's what happens when a company makes everything from bottled water to stringcheese...

but it feels so weird that apple is number one on something...

but it doesn't seem like he iTMS is convincing to switch... :(

reality

stoid
Jun 6, 2004, 09:03 AM
it's sony... none of their products are that good... that's what happens when a company makes everything from bottled water to stringcheese...

but it feels so weird that apple is number one on something...

but it doesn't seem like he iTMS is convincing to switch... :(

reality

I don't think that the iTMS alone is going to get people to buy Macs. However the seamless ease of use of store, jukebox, and mp3 player ALL being the best available will get people to at least consider Apple computers on their next purchase.

Trowaman
Jun 6, 2004, 11:15 AM
So, all the reviews say the sony store is quite bad, so now why did McDonalds chose to go with the subpar system?

Mudbug
Jun 6, 2004, 02:43 PM
So, all the reviews say the sony store is quite bad, so now why did McDonalds chose to go with the subpar system?

It's helpful for matching the subpar food ;) :eek: :D

macridah
Jun 6, 2004, 03:09 PM
I never really hear about sony connect unless it is a review on how bad it is. That's not the kind of press I think sony wants to have. Oh well ... Ha-Haa.

shamino
Jun 7, 2004, 05:22 PM
I don't think that the iTMS alone is going to get people to buy Macs. However the seamless ease of use of store, jukebox, and mp3 player ALL being the best available will get people to at least consider Apple computers on their next purchase.
Why in the world would ITMS convince anyone to switch platforms? iTunes, the iPod, and all of the goodness that comes with them, is available for the Windows plafrom. One can reap all the rewards of ITMS without switching.

There are plenty of good reasons to switch to the Mac platform, but iTunes isn't one of them.

bousozoku
Jun 7, 2004, 07:24 PM

Why would McDonald's claim "billions sold"? It's not about quality, it's about quantity. It's likely that Sony approached McDonald's, not the other way, because they needed a vehicle to announce their music store.