PDA

View Full Version : Recording and hear my voice on headphones

XPcentric
Jul 11, 2009, 01:23 PM
Can anyone please advice me what software to use, and it allows me to hear my voice on headphone ?
2. And if it is possible to play some karaoke music that I can hear and add it up to the final recording. Like they do it professionally.
I reckon I dont know much about music software please see the picture, I'd like to understand how they do it.

http://www.cristino.ca/images/Recording-Voice-Sessions.jpg

paolo-
Jul 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
GarageBand would be fine. Start a project, import your 'karaoke' track in (simply drag the file into garageband). Then add an audio track, in the panel at the right, set the proper input for your mic, put it so you have monitoring on (hear yourself), make sure your headphones are plugged in or you will get an ungodly feedback. Click record and your on your way to fame! I'm sure I'm too vague hear, I'm pretty sure there are videos showing how to do all that on the Apple website.

XPcentric
Jul 11, 2009, 03:26 PM
many thanks paolo, "monitoring" was the term that I needed. Now I've got garage band, so no need to install additional program.

There is one more question as I'm unexperimented with recording. If I use the build in microphone or headphones mic, would it be the same, or is there some professional (affordable) tool that I can buy ?

I'll quickly have a look on apple store, if anyone know please let me know the model make ?