Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmaboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hi new to tweeting,

What's the best app?

Don't know whether it's best getting a free app or pay one.

Not bothered about prices, just want to know what people think is best.

Thanks

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
lots of good ones. ppl like tweetie (my fav), twitterfon. there are a ton more tho..

cosmaboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Cool thanks will have a look, why are some free and some u have to pay for them?

speedracer3000

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2008
Tried TweetDeck, and iTwitter, both are pretty good and free (or free when first released for iTwitter) but I keep coming back to Tweetie. If you are on 3G S and like to do video, Twitterlator Pro is the only one that support video tweets at the moment.

on the desktop TweetDeck all the way.

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Up until today I would have said Tweetie. However...

Keep an eye on SimplyTweet. I'm beta testing 2.0 and it is very good indeed. All the options you need, with a nice UI and push notifactions !

MDMac

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
McAllen, TX
Your mother! She just won't. shut. up. !!!!
Yeah, that's my lame-o comment for the day.

I guess it really depends on what kind of twitter user you are. I'm not into it too much so I enjoy the nice interface of Twitterific(FREE). Although, it lacks features that serious twitter users might appreciate. Twittelator Pro is amazing for what they charge you. There are also a few push options, but I haven't tried those yet.

I don't understand all the hype over TweetDeck though (the app version). That thing is so buggy on my phone! I just don't get it. When moving from column to column the interface just glitches out. This has happened with the initial release as well as the update. I can't really recommend that one.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
I have tried almost every single one out there, paid and free. I love Twitterific Premium. It's the only one I use these days.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i did like twitterfon (free) the best until the last update... they changed their ads and they are UBER annoying now! they used to just sit up at the top.... but now they keep flashing, scrolling, appearing, disppearing... at the bottom... REALLY distracting (and like i said: annoying) BLEH!

i'm anxiously awaiting the update to simply tweet.... i like the current version ok (except for the colors :p) but what i've been read about the update seems very promising!!!!

ajpprc

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2006
I used to say Tweetie, but the latest version of Twitterific has won me over. Either one is a good choice, however.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
i'm no longer a fan of twitterfon... it used to be an opensource project, then the arsehole closed it up, put adverts in it and released a second pro version.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
i like itwitter i got it while it was free it has landscape mode and its a nice simple interface

cosmaboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
hi, thanks for your replies tried 2... twitterrific and twittelator not sure which one i like best but seems to do the job properly.....

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
I've tested a handful for my review column for my newspaper. Twitterific is crash-prone. If you want a free one, use Twitterfon. If you want the best one, get Tweetie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.