Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. - The pants were down but so was the size of the crowd for a bizarre ritual in Southern California.

It's the annual "Moon Over Amtrak" event in the Orange County community of Laguna Niguel in which people line up to moon passing commuter trains.

It began as a bar bet in 1979 and has continued ever since.
The full story

I'm trying to keep the cracks to a minimum. :D

TJRiver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
The full story

I'm trying to keep the cracks to a minimum. :D

Whacka, whacka, whacka........

The last one got totally out of hand and the PO came down like a ton of bricks. The low turn out is due to last year's debacle. Too bad a handful of jerks ruined a fun (& stupid) local tradition.

upinflames900

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Nutty...who would do that? And I just love the article title "calmer" people pulling their pants down...lol

Boneoh

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2009
So. Cal.
They actually had a short video segment on the local news the other night. Kinda funny, the trains rolling by blowing their horns, the people dropping their pants and waving to the train. People are strange!

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Its all fun and games until someone sues the state because their young children's minds were corrupted upon looking out the window of their seat. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.