Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OhNo789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Hello everyone. Recently I had a bit of trouble with my itunes library. User error. I was running a program to fix my id3 tags, and accidentally deleted most of my music. Luckily, I was able to salvage much of my music by viewing the hidden files on my ipod and copying the files over. Those problems are all in the past, but the trouble that I'm having now is that in order to copy all of the new music over, and not have duplicates and missing paths in my itunes, I had to delete the database file which held all of my playlists, I have (had) about twenty or so. Now that I've had a chance to "fix" my library and all the files that were giving me trouble, I'm left with one last issue: all of my playlists are gone, and I don't know of a way to get them back.
They all exist on my ipod still, because in order to copy the music over, I had to change it's setting to "manually update music," but I'd like to go back onto auto pilot without loosing all of these playlists. I've read of a bunch of ways to get playlists AND the songs, but none to retrieve just the playlists. Do any of you know how I might go about doing this?

OhNo789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
If it helps I have a 120 gig ipod classic, and a macbook unibody running 10.5.7.

I'm aware that I can just make an on the go playlist of all of them in order to transfer, but like I said I have quite a few playlists, and it would be much easier to just run it through a program of some sort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.