PDA

View Full Version : The PowerBook G5 at WWDC is not a maybe...

ReliableRumors
Jun 7, 2004, 01:04 PM
blah blah blah

dopefiend
Jun 7, 2004, 01:07 PM
-Larger hard drive capacity reaching almost 750 GBs

Nice joke ;)

Sun Baked
Jun 7, 2004, 01:08 PM
Wow, change the tiger to panther and it would sound like a fantasy product that was available LAST year. http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6694&stc=1

primalman
Jun 7, 2004, 01:16 PM
HEY! I think NeatGekko is back!!!! Nice to see you come out of your hole. Hard to do without your hand huh? Did it taste OK, or did you need mustard with that?

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 7, 2004, 01:17 PM
-Larger hard drive capacity reaching almost 750 GBs
-Better Compatibility with other Macs (Docking Station)

750GBs in a laptop? :rolleyes:

How exactly does a docking station make better compatability?

dopefiend
Jun 7, 2004, 01:19 PM
750GBs in a laptop? :rolleyes:

How exactly does a docking station make better compatability?

The funny thing is, they don't even make 750gb harddrives in any size :p

D0ct0rteeth
Jun 7, 2004, 01:23 PM
Even thought I seriously doubt this is true.. I am sure it was a typo and he intended 75gig

- Doc

Laslo Panaflex
Jun 7, 2004, 01:24 PM
The funny thing is, they don't even make 750gb harddrives in any size :p

I was giving the benefit of the doubt there, mabye mulitple hard drives?

Seriously though, a 2gig G5 powerbook with 750gig hard drive would be pretty sweet.

Sun Baked
Jun 7, 2004, 01:27 PM
Give the guy a break, in the world he's living in -- It WILL happen.

Though we had pictures of this beast to drool over LAST year, of course it ran 50-60W hotter back then.

Now we have...

dual 2GHz 970FXs in the Powerbook
3 250GB SATA drives
Tiger preinstalled
and powered by 4 deep cycle Optima batteries

---

>D0ct0rteeth

If it was a typo, it would sound a bit more reasonable at 75GB...

Hopefully IBM does have the 90nm production under control, but the backlog of XServes is still unreasonable for such a low volume product.

agentbristow
Jun 7, 2004, 01:29 PM
OK with all due respect, I dont know if I would trust this post, because it says hes a Macrumors Newbie. Now of course I could be wrong, it would not suprise me if a G5 PB would appear at WWDC, but I'm not going to put my faith in this rumor alone.

russed
Jun 7, 2004, 01:33 PM
i cant see this happening! what about the PB's that were released the other week?

TyleRomeo
Jun 7, 2004, 01:35 PM
Even thought I seriously doubt this is true.. I am sure it was a typo and he intended 75gig

- Doc

they don't make 75GB drives anyway. 80GB are out and 100GB drives were just announced at 2.5. these specs are just bs.

Tyler

Sun Baked
Jun 7, 2004, 01:38 PM
they don't make 75GB drives anyway. 80GB are out and 100GB drives were just announced at 2.5. these specs are just bs.

TylerEspecially the Tiger Installed... considering this is supposed to the the Developer Preview of Tiger.

Not the public release.

Unless Apple plans on pulling a rabbit out of its ass this conference.

(on second though, make that a hat trick)

pooky
Jun 7, 2004, 01:51 PM
So the real question is, does this poster really believe his/her post, possibly due to some illicit substance use, or was he/she just hoping to excite a whole bunch of mac geeks with the possibility of an impossible notebook coming out in a few weeks? I can't come up with a third reason for this thread's existence...

edesignuk
Jun 7, 2004, 01:57 PM
Also in the news, edesignuk is to be part of a manned space mission to mars...:rolleyes: