PDA

View Full Version : ibook/ tibook needed!

macattacks
Jul 10, 2002, 01:25 AM
howdi!

i need a cheap ibook or tiook mac computer fast, does anyone have one that doesn't use it anymore?
its for my uncle, an ibook/ tibook that works well please
anyone?

mmcneil
Jul 12, 2002, 12:23 PM
http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/list/all/category14909/index.html

This URL only looks at TiBooks, but lots of iBooks also show up I suspect. 667s go for under $2K brand new.

mmcneil
Jul 12, 2002, 12:25 PM
Flower Power iMac

Well, I have decided to take the plunge into the relm of the G4. We are selling both of our machines. We have an

iBook 600 12.1
20 GB HD
CDRW/DVD Combo
384 MB Ram
Extras

iMac 600 Flower Power
1 Gig of Ram
40 Gig HD
CDRW
Soundsticks/w iSub
Extras

The prices on both are FIRM! If you are interested, PM me with you personal information, and I will call you.
Thanks,
C

macattacks
Jul 12, 2002, 06:41 PM
i need one like 500

solvs
Jul 12, 2002, 06:56 PM
Long story.

Go to www.powermax.com or www.smalldog.com for some good deals on used and refurbished Macs.

mmcneil
Jul 12, 2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by solvs
Long story.

Go to www.powermax.com or www.smalldog.com for some good deals on used and refurbished Macs.

Tell me more - I am possibly looking to buy several tibooks in the next couple of months. I see a few reputable dealers on ebay and a lot of questionable sellers :confused: I'm pretty much planning on working with one of the dealers, cost a few bucks more but less chance of being ripped off.

My experience so far with ebay has all been smaller stuff < $100 - so I'm interested in your experience...

Thanks

mmcneil
Jul 12, 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by macattacks
i need one like 500

You might look for a Lombard or Pismo - I would stay away from anything earlier - VERY heavy, very slow. I'm fairly pleased with my 400Mhz Lombard with 384 M of RAM, running OS X. I would rather have my Tibook back :rolleyes:

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 12, 2002, 07:20 PM
trying to find a mac laptop for around 500 bucks? your in for some trouble. dont plan on running osx for anything other than word processing and web browsing.

spend 1000 and get a decent used ibook... (mmcneil's is a good deal) with a 500 dollar limit your just flushing your money down the toilet.

I have had great luck with ebay.. you find a few idiots.. but anyone with 100+ feedback tends to be professional.

C-

solvs
Jul 12, 2002, 07:29 PM
Unfortunetly, a lot of problems with on-line and catalog dealers. MacMall was pretty good for me, but I've heard other people have problems with them. Amazon, eBay, and uBid can be pretty good for the small stuff, but I was screwed out of $30 bucks on eBay and would never buy anything expensive. I was carefull, too, but it happens. Plus there's no support.

www.pricewatch.com is good for parts, and for Mac specific stuff http://eshop.macsales.com is good.

Promax is cool because it's in Oregon (No Sales Tax!), cheap shipping, good support, and free accessories.

Search the web for some good deals, just be wary of fly-by-nights. Apple authorized only dealers.

Apple.com Special Deals is great after an Expo, too.