PDA

View Full Version : powerbook, imovie question

decapitacion
Jun 7, 2004, 03:57 PM
The other night I sat down with my new Powerbook (1.5Ghz, 80gb, 5400, 15") to do some video editing in Imovie. Everything was going smoothly until I had been working for roughly 2-3 hours. Everything just seemed to start going slower, the program even froze up after I saved my project at one point. Is this common? Also, I have found Imovie to be a bit glitchy in terms of audio recovery and placement... for example, i had a finished project complete with multiple audio tracks and many scenes, was happy with it, and saved it only to reopen it the following day to find that one of the audio tracks was missing. Any one else have problems with this? Any and all input is welcomed. Thanks in advance

magid
Jun 7, 2004, 04:41 PM
i too find that the audio sometimes movies around when you re-open the files, if anyone has a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

varmit
Jun 7, 2004, 06:25 PM
How much RAM do you have in the PB. After 2 hours of work, and adding more video and sounds, RAM gets taken up. Then trying to save with very little RAM free makes it a little difficult on the program. Maybe infest in more RAM in your PB if you are going to be working with large files, which is a guess with the 2+ hours of work.