Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaatiKaiba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I was wondering if it's possible to create a Twitter background that is scalable / resolution-independent, so that no matter what resolution the viewer's screen is, they can see the entire picture / pattern. If I make it a very large resolution, will it be scaled down? If not, is there any other way of doing it?

Kelon

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
UK
Not that I am aware of... as Twitter will only accept the standard raster file formats... er, and last time I looked, it wasn't accepting all of those due to some 'temporary something ot other'.

The trick is to come up with an image that looks good however it's cropped. Now there's a challenge. Most Twitterer's - even a lot of the designers fail. It makes me wonder how many people must browse with their bowser windows expanded sufficiently to see all the 'business cards' in the top left. Odd notion that one. I personally browse with the browser window, well a maximum of two thirds of the width of my 15" Macbook Pro monitor - generally smaller. I see very little of the background once the fixed width of the Twitterer's stream is accommodated - certainly never see their 'business cards'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.