Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uLtr4vi0L3t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Hello I am a new user of this forum & I got my ibook g4 about 5 years ago but I am still not knowledgeable about it & If anyone could give me some info I would really appreciate it. I am trying to edit my recordings. I have always used Garageband but this time it keeps getting frozen & I am wondering if there's any freeware that can fulfill the same task. I just have a song that have breaks in the middle. They are three separate mp3 files that together make one whole song. They have some overlaps with each other ie the first mp3 has from 0:00 to 3:05 of the song and the second has from 2:27 to 7:45 and the other from 7:40 to 10:03 (the end) I just need to combine them into one whole song without any weird breaks & that is it. I have no idea what this task is called & how to look for a software that does this. I have Audacity but can it be used for this? Thanks

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello I am a new user of this forum & I got my ibook g4 about 5 years ago but I am still not knowledgeable about it & If anyone could give me some info I would really appreciate it. I am trying to edit my recordings. I have always used Garageband but this time it keeps getting frozen & I am wondering if there's any freeware that can fulfill the same task. I just have a song that have breaks in the middle. They are three separate mp3 files that together make one whole song. They have some overlaps with each other ie the first mp3 has from 0:00 to 3:05 of the song and the second has from 2:27 to 7:45 and the other from 7:40 to 10:03 (the end) I just need to combine them into one whole song without any weird breaks & that is it. I have no idea what this task is called & how to look for a software that does this. I have Audacity but can it be used for this? Thanks

You need an "audio editor". I'd suggest Garage Band but you say it's broken on your system. Audicity will do what you need. But there are others too.
google for Mac audio editor.

You really should figure out why GB is broken on your computer. DO you have the current verson? Up to date?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.