Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkamin

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
My goal is to be able to deselect a podcast episode from the episode list and have itunes remove the podcast from my hard drive, but allow that episode information to remain on the list (it would fade to a light gray and the 'get' button would appear by it again).

I also have a few connecting questions:

1. When I uncheck the box next to an active episode, what does that do? It seems like it doesn't do anything. What I hope it would do is my goal above.

2. When I listen to a podcast from start to finish, it seems like it removes it from my hard drive (which I set up in preferences to do), but it also seems to completely remove its existence from the episode list. Is there a way to keep it around, to make it fade to gray with 'get' button, instead of disappear completely? Funny, if I unsubscribe from the podcast, delete all the episodes and resubscribe, I can get it back, but there must be a better way.

3. Some podcasts limit their archive to a finite number, say twelve episodes back. An example would be "The Moth" or "This American Life". Is there any secret way to go back in their achives?

Thanks for reading and if you can help it would be much appreciated!

-kkamin
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.