Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Is it possible add a feature that highlights certain forum sections in Forum Spy, much like buddies are highlighted?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Holy crap! I was just thinking this last night. :D

+1 then ... for lack of an adequate response.

Are you excluding the forums you'd rather not see already?

That doesn't let you highlight a particular thread. I think he means thread ... at least I do.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Are you excluding the forums you'd rather not see already?

I am excluding, but I spend more time in certain forums than others, and I'd like to see those threads highlighted so they grab my attention, e.g.:

I like helping people with the basics, so I'd like my attention called to threads in the Mac Basics and Help section.

That doesn't let you highlight a particular thread. I think he means thread ... at least I do.

I just subscribe to threads I'm interested in, and I see the checkmark. But for threads in that section I haven't seen yet ...

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
It's going to be a pain to pick out all the colors for each subforum to highlight.

I figure it would work like the buddy list, there is only one color (albeit a different one than the buddy list) ... either the forum is highlighted or not.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
r.j.s., if you get to those threads any faster you will be posting answers before the questions are asked! ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
A sprawl of yellow that would include your buddy list and preferred forums would work? :confused:

Fine blue. I'm not sure if you're intentionally being difficult or if this is just how you roll.

Who cares what the color is, it probably won't happen.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Aren't we usually the ones that end up discussing Forum Spy? It feels like we had this same discussion before and r.j.s hit 5,000 posts or something.

I doubt we're going to see more colors on Forum Spy nonetheless.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Aren't we usually the ones that end up discussing Forum Spy? It feels like we had this same discussion before and r.j.s hit 5,000 posts or something.

I doubt we're going to see more colors on Forum Spy nonetheless.

What can I say, I depend on Forum Spy.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Why? Just use yellow.

Don't use yellow!

Just a heads up to all, I've recently gone through the Site & Forum Feedback section and compiled a list for the mods of changes the users would like to see. I'm also keeping it up to date. That doesn't mean that feature X is going to be implemented and if it is I don't even know when... but there is a more manageable list. It also contains some things we've been talking about to help us better.

Anyway... no guarantees if/when things will be updated (it might be 5 more years for all I know) but there is a list being maintained for visibility. Not trying to get your hopes up but at least you are being heard!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.