Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Ok I just saw a commercial for Sprint and (looking for it on youtube currently) it said "Welcome to the Sprint now network" "Current Thousands of people are enjoying the Palm Pre" LOL REALLY thousands WOW!.... Apple needs to now make a commercial stating " Welcome to Reality... Where millions of people are enjoying their iPhones!"

Im sorry just saw and thought I would share!

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I played witha Pre for nearly an hour yesterday. I wish Apple would incorporate an OS like that.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
yeah, so you think sprint's ads is better?

I guess Nokia or RIM can do that too.

ohohoh, Microsoft too, "currently a billion people is enjoying windows....."

to discuss logic in an ads..... it sounds impossible to me.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Because we all know that 1 month vs 2+ years on sale, where one is on a minor carrier and the other on many major carriers worldwide would just be open for fair comparison all around, no? It's a Sprint ad, not a Palm ad.

I also like how you fail to mention how the focus of the advertisement is the cost of the rate plans, which Sprint wins with hands down.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
And Sprint only has exclusivity on the Pre until Jan. '10 so if they want to use the Pre as a lure to get people to switch they have to do it now before Verizon gets the Pre. Honestly, I think the Pre was rushed by to market by Sprint because they saw their exclusivity window closing rapidly.

Lethal

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I also like how you fail to mention how the focus of the advertisement is the cost of the rate plans, which Sprint wins with hands down.

I was going to say the same thing as I just saw a commercial myself.
I happen to like the Pre.

calivtown

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
I was going to say the same thing as I just saw a commercial myself.
I happen to like the Pre.

Sprint is comparing an unlimited plan from the iphone which will save you $1200 for 2 years or $600/yr

Sprint everything unlimited plan only cost you $99.99. Includes unlimited minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text(sms)/mms, unlimited turn by turn gps, unlimited live tv

Iphone plan $99.99 just for voice + $20.00 for unlimited texts + $30.00 for unlimited data = $150.00. That's $50.00 more per month

Sprint has a similar plan. 450min, unlimited n/w @7pm, unlimited data (internet), unlimited texts(sms) & mms, mobile to mobile, unlimited use of turn by turn gps, unlimited live tv for 70.00. That's $840/year

Similar iphone plan cost 79.99. NOT including turn by turn GPS, NO unlimited minutes at 7pm and NO unlimited text(sms)/MMS!!!

If this is hard to believe, Check sprint.com

And yes they're the First and only carrier to carry 4g network in only 3 cities so far. ATT, Verizon, Tmobile = 0 so far. 4g network is for mobile broadband cards for now. Pre is not 4g but sprint making 4g phones in the works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.