Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Animalk

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
Montreal Canada
I've only spent a couple of minutes with the app but I am really liking it so far. Very well made app and they didn't cut any corners in terms of graphics and sounds. I am very pleased with it so far.

if it had in game chat and checking of mail, that would rock

I completely agree. It's really all that's missing.

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
very nice app!

too bad i stopped playing a while ago, so couldn't care less about armory anymore

otherwise i would be loving this app now

valexa

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2007
its funny how all recovering wow players..coug..addicts..cough make a point of explicitly stating their detachment and indifference and departure from the game

stating something does not enforce it , any recovering addict has a very real urge , it is just under control

or maybe people are just proud that they managed to stop playing (a great feat indeed) and feel like showing it off

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
its funny how all recovering wow players..coug..addicts..cough make a point of explicitly stating their detachment and indifference and departure from the game

stating something does not enforce it , any recovering addict has a very real urge , it is just under control

or maybe people are just proud that they managed to stop playing (a great feat indeed) and feel like showing it off

There should be an in-game achievement for beating the addiction...that way you'd be sucked back in.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007

I notice that as well. When WoW was just release, my son and I both got it and played for the (month I think) time that was included. I quickly recognized it for the "life waster" that it was and we quickly moved on to other games that didn't involve a massive time sink in order to keep up and be competitive. I really enjoy some of the worlds that Blizzard creates (Starcraft, Warcraft) but I simply stayed away from WoW.

UrFatMom

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Nah I just stopped, not proud or anything, I wasn't addicted... Now let's talk about Warcraft III or Diablo II :p

nyisles84

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I stopped right before Wrath came out...I was MT doing beginning T6 and somehow stopped. I get the urge to come back but the prospect of leveling to 80 now and re-gearing just keeps me away, probably for the better

Brazzan

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2009
It's free and pretty good. An improvement on Warcraft Characters, which I loved, as it allows me to read the calendar remotely.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
too bad this wasn't out when i was actually playing it :p it looks like a great app for those still playing.

PS - mad props to those that have quit the game, i know it couldn't have been easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.