PDA

View Full Version : Apple Script + Cocoa Application

ruhi
Jul 16, 2009, 05:23 AM
Hello, I am trying to add a small apple script to my cocoa application.

what do i need to do to make it execute and give desired result

Following are the two ways i used:

NSString *scriptPath = [[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource: @"your_script" ofType: @"scpt"];
NSAppleScript *theScript = [[NSAppleScript alloc] initWithContentsOfURL: [NSURL fileURLWithPath: scriptPath] error: nil];

But here i found that scriptPath come out to be nil.

what is the problem here i am getting the path for other resources but not for my script.

The script is

tell application "System Events"
set frontApp to name of first application process whose frontmost is true
end tell
tell application frontApp
if the (count of windows) is not 0 then
set window_name to name of front window
end if
end tell

so i wrote:

NSAppleEventDescriptor *str;
NSAppleScript *playScript;
playScript = [[NSAppleScript alloc] initWithSource:@"tell application \"System Events\" \n set frontApp to name of first application process \n whose frontmost is true \n end tell \n tell application frontApp \n if the (count of windows) is not 0 then \n set window_name to name of front window \n end if\n end tell"];
str=[playScript executeAndReturnError:&dict];
NSLog(@"err - %@",dict);
NSLog(@"Output --- %@",str );

Here is the error its giving and Output always comes null that should give title of active window:

err - {
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Expected \U201cend\U201d or \U201cend tell\U201d but found \U201cwhose\U201d.";
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Expected \U201cend\U201d or \U201cend tell\U201d but found \U201cwhose\U201d.";
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -2741;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {87, 5};
}
2009-07-16 15:50:43.509 Web[2964:10b] Output --- (null)

What is the problem here? where i am wrong. Please correct me.

Do i need to add some framework or do some changes in plist for the apple script to run in my cocoa application

ruhi
Jul 16, 2009, 05:43 AM
Go the problem solved thanx.