PDA

View Full Version : iPod icons from iTunes

fichek
Jul 16, 2009, 09:25 AM
I'm developing an iPhone app for iPhone/iPod repair shop and I'd like to have all of the icons that exist in iTunes. Is there a way to pull them out?

I looked in /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/ but they are not there :(

fichek
Jul 16, 2009, 10:03 AM
Ok i found the icons in /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunes.rsrc file, but I don't know how to pull them out. Most of applications that read .rsrc files are outdated and don't work on intel Mac. The only working one I found (ResFork) seems to be read-only.

Any idea how to pull a .png from .rsrc file on Intel-based Mac? Or is there someone with older Mac who could do this? :confused:

toxygen
Jul 25, 2009, 04:14 PM
Ok i found the icons in /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunes.rsrc file, but I don't know how to pull them out. Most of applications that read .rsrc files are outdated and don't work on intel Mac. The only working one I found (ResFork) seems to be read-only.

Any idea how to pull a .png from .rsrc file on Intel-based Mac? Or is there someone with older Mac who could do this? :confused:

you can use this simple utility to extract all files from .rsrc
http://freshmeat.net/projects/macfork

jayrobinson
Jul 26, 2009, 01:02 PM
Okay @fichek, I had a little trouble making this works from the command line. I just cd into the macfork directory and typed make

I get this error:

g++ -g -Wall -I- -I. -c -o Resource.o Resource.cc
cc1plus: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
Resource.cc: In member function 'Int ResourceFile::GetTypeNumber(const Char*)':
Resource.cc:74: error: 'strcmp' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [Resource.o] Error 1

If you have any success, will you let us know? Thanks!

avenjamin
Aug 1, 2009, 09:26 PM
I have managed to extract the icons already. PM me an email address or something and I can send them to you :)

jayrobinson
Aug 2, 2009, 12:03 PM
Alright then, jayrobinson ( dot ) name ( at ) google's mail

QueenFan66
Aug 2, 2009, 04:54 PM
queenfan66@yahoo.com