PDA

View Full Version : Ipod mini next version???

1rottenapple
Jun 8, 2004, 10:04 PM
Hey, I know it is still rather early in the current mini's life; I love my 15g ipod, but man, those mini look goooood. When do you think a new version will come out with of course, a bigger HD, ie., 8gigs–10gigs...

mms
Jun 8, 2004, 10:08 PM
I'm hoping so, since I would definitely get that. I like the MINI design a lot better than the original. But I doubt it would happen anytime soon (as in this summer). Apple is still having trouble meeting its demand, and they probably won't update it until it fills all of the existing orders. That would take a while, judging from how they are having problems getting enough drives. I think that by the time that they fill all the orders (including international, which they haven't even gotten started on) bigger drives in the same size would be available, paving the way for an update. Just plain, guesswork, but I think MWSF 2005 would be a reasonable time for them to announce an update. So in other words, I don't think you can expect one too soon.

1rottenapple
Jun 9, 2004, 12:41 AM
I'm hoping so, since I would definitely get that. I like the MINI design a lot better than the original. But I doubt it would happen anytime soon (as in this summer). Apple is still having trouble meeting its demand, and they probably won't update it until it fills all of the existing orders. That would take a while, judging from how they are having problems getting enough drives. I think that by the time that they fill all the orders (including international, which they haven't even gotten started on) bigger drives in the same size would be available, paving the way for an update. Just plain, guesswork, but I think MWSF 2005 would be a reasonable time for them to announce an update. So in other words, I don't think you can expect one too soon.

Yeah true. Even my Christmas 04 may be an overly optumistic estimate. :(