PDA

View Full Version : Beatles may be available online soon

MacBytes
Jun 9, 2004, 12:00 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Beatles may be available online soon (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040609010030)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nacl99
Jun 9, 2004, 12:22 AM
I wonder if Apple will ever, ever, ever be on itunes.

Flowbee
Jun 9, 2004, 12:27 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that they sign with MS first.

winmacguy
Jun 9, 2004, 12:36 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that they sign with MS first.

Considering the current legal wrangles i wouldnt be at all surprised.

painimies
Jun 9, 2004, 02:10 AM
Apple and Apple should make such a deal, that Apple draws the lawsuit and puts their whole collection on iTunes. Then Apple would pay all the money of sold Apple tracks to Apple, for like three years.

That would be a win - sorta-win situation. More money for Apple and more songs & credibility for Apple.

Savage Henry
Jun 9, 2004, 02:31 AM
Apple and Apple should make such a deal, that Apple draws the lawsuit and puts their whole collection on iTunes. Then Apple would pay all the money of sold Apple tracks to Apple, for like three years.

That would be a win - sorta-win situation. More money for Apple and more songs & credibility for Apple.

Man, my head hurts from reading that ... and for some reason I feel strangely compelled to eat an apple.!?

I do agree with you. But I was wondering why Apple wants to get involved with the computer industry. Surely there is already an Apple with a significantly high profile in that market and having another Apple can only be seen as capitalising of the long established good name of the current Apple. If I was a legal advisor to Apple* I would suggest sueing Apple for a large one off payments.

[* which quite obviously I'm not]

dstorey
Jun 9, 2004, 06:51 AM
If Apple sue Apple for doing music related things, can't Apple sue Apple for distributing music using computers, thus comfusing people that Apple might indeed be Apple...

or put simply, if Apple Corps sue Apple computer for the whole music thing, Apple Computer should sue Apple Corps for distributing its content via a computer service. Especially if they go MSN exclusive