PDA

View Full Version : UK AppleStore Down...

iGav
Jun 9, 2004, 05:35 AM
Thoughts?? :D

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore

dopefiend
Jun 9, 2004, 05:38 AM
Has nothing to do with the G5 updates unless the U.S. store comes down....

:(

iGav
Jun 9, 2004, 05:43 AM
Has nothing to do with the G5 updates unless the U.S. store comes down....

:(

the U.S. stores usually goes down within 30 minutes of the UK and Euro stores. ;)

dopefiend
Jun 9, 2004, 05:48 AM
the U.S. stores usually goes down within 30 minutes of the UK and Euro stores. ;)

Cool :cool:

unregbaron
Jun 9, 2004, 05:52 AM
US store back up but UK still down... can't see any difference in US (maybe '90 day same as cash' promotion?..)

iGav
Jun 9, 2004, 05:55 AM
Cool :cool:

Still seems early ish though for a major update... it ain't even 7am in NY yet.

I can't remember what time the UK Store went down last time, but they were down for a couple of hours, so that would sync with a 9am release on the East Coast of America.

iGav
Jun 9, 2004, 05:57 AM
US store back up but UK still down... can't see any difference in US (maybe '90 day same as cash' promotion?..)

Seems like all the Euro stores are down...

Tiauguinho
Jun 9, 2004, 05:58 AM
Pretty nice! We could use some more action! Dual G5's? New Displays? New iWhatever that we all lust for? :D

russed
Jun 9, 2004, 05:58 AM
hmmm...curious! maybe the new g5's? it did say they could be at anytime! but the us site being back up again ...hmmm!

netytan
Jun 9, 2004, 06:05 AM
You can add Australia to that list ;). I can't wait to see what there doing to it though. Hopefully when it does pop back to life well have a lovly new PowerMac in there! We'll see.

Mark.

caveman_uk
Jun 9, 2004, 06:16 AM
The last couple of days I haven't been able to find Airport Express on the UK store though you can order it via it's page on the main site. When it's in the basket it's only described as 'New Airport'. I guess that unless the US site goes down as well they could just be fixing that?

iGav
Jun 9, 2004, 06:30 AM
U.S. Site is down...

ToddW
Jun 9, 2004, 06:35 AM
apple store usa is down. could it be new displays, itunes 4.6, power mac updates????????????

aswitcher
Jun 9, 2004, 06:38 AM
You can add Australia to that list ;). I can't wait to see what there doing to it though. Hopefully when it does pop back to life well have a lovly new PowerMac in there! We'll see.

Mark.

Still down...should be anytime soon...

OziMac
Jun 9, 2004, 06:44 AM
Still down...should be anytime soon...

Yep - licking my lips... could be the new displays, could be bumped Powermacs, could be iPod Mini or Airport Express (for us Aussie troglodytes that can't order them yet), but probably not iMac G5 or 4G iPod (if they are close) since they'd probably be reserved for WWDC - but so interesting that there's so many product announcements / updates so close to the date...

On another note, good to hear your Powerbook arrived Aswitcher, mine is in transit for delivery tomorrow - great week this will be :)

boomtopper
Jun 9, 2004, 06:54 AM
It has got to be good lets hope its the powermacs. But i would have thopught they would leave them for WWDC.

OziMac
Jun 9, 2004, 07:15 AM
Apparently the rumours are true and we're looking at new dual 2.5GHz G5s with liquid cooling and 8x superdrives... at 2159 euros including VAT - something like USD 3000 or AUD 4000 I would imagine...

http://www.macnews.de/media/applestore_de.gif

http://www.macworld.co.uk/

GrannySmith_G5
Jun 9, 2004, 07:15 AM
yeah yeah yeah. dual 2.5 with liquid cooling. it's already on macworld.uk.

crap freakboy
Jun 9, 2004, 07:16 AM
It has got to be good lets hope its the powermacs. But i would have thopught they would leave them for WWDC.

If it is the new G5's and displays it begs the question what goodies are there going to be at WWDC? New G5 iMac I hope, hopefully not in the gay white 'dirt-magnet' enclosure it currently is.

aswitcher
Jun 9, 2004, 07:20 AM
On another note, good to hear your Powerbook arrived Aswitcher, mine is in transit for delivery tomorrow - great week this will be :)

Switch is finally going well :)

Still getting everything sorted out and wondering how much more punishment my wallet can take with all this new mac stuff ;)

Raiden
Jun 9, 2004, 07:21 AM
US store is down.

It cant be just itunes, because they dont have to update the store for that...

I hope its new powermacs, but I really hope its those new displays thinksecret was talking about...

dopefiend
Jun 9, 2004, 07:22 AM
US store is down.

It cant be just itunes, because they dont have to update the store for that...

I hope its new powermacs, but I really hope its those new displays thinksecret was talking about...

Its posted all over the boards..

dual 1.8, 2.0, 2.5

Sabbath
Jun 9, 2004, 07:32 AM
The last couple of days I haven't been able to find Airport Express on the UK store though you can order it via it's page on the main site. When it's in the basket it's only described as 'New Airport'. I guess that unless the US site goes down as well they could just be fixing that?

Yeah I hope they add this aswell as the new PMs. I want to find out the edu pricing on a Airport express and get one on order, but the link from the hardware page makes you pay full price and its no where to be seen on the site.

wrldwzrd89
Jun 9, 2004, 07:36 AM
Its posted all over the boards..

dual 1.8, 2.0, 2.5
Confirmation of this from Apple itself here (http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html)!

hotwire132002
Jun 9, 2004, 07:38 AM
NEW G5s! DUAL 1.8, DUAL 2.0, DUAL 2.5!!!! ON APPLE.COM! YIPEE!!!!!

(Sorry, I'm beyond excited!)

dstorey
Jun 9, 2004, 07:39 AM
worder why they made the 1.8 model worse by making it pci only instead of pci-x

russed
Jun 9, 2004, 07:41 AM
the stores are back up so it appears that hte rumors from the other day are true. i would think that the gap from dual 2 to dual 2.5 is too large!

netytan
Jun 9, 2004, 07:44 AM
All the stores seem to be back up now, i like the new line more than i did before. Did anyone buy the 1.6Ghz version? I think most of the appeal of the G5 PowerMac was the fact that you have two G5 processors :) that might be just me though. Are we not execting to see the Dual 3Ghz now though :(?

Mark.

netytan
Jun 9, 2004, 07:48 AM
Seems like the prices have dropped quite a bit there? The Dual 1.8Ghz machine is looking very buyable right now, even if it is now the low end machine :).

Mark.

boomtopper
Jun 9, 2004, 08:20 AM
All the stores seem to be back up now, i like the new line more than i did before. Did anyone buy the 1.6Ghz version? I think most of the appeal of the G5 PowerMac was the fact that you have two G5 processors :) that might be just me though. Are we not execting to see the Dual 3Ghz now though :(?

Mark.

I bought a 1.6 g5. These new machines make me want to save up again and buy a new one!!!