PDA

View Full Version : Automated Recording Software?

markturnip
Jul 17, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hello!

I'm part of helping set up a small online radio station in London. We're wanting to be able to record the station during live broadcast & produce hour long audio files.

Does anyone know of any application which will allow us to start recording at 10am for example & produce audio files for every hour after? - We want to be able to access these hour audio files over the network.

The studio already owns Logic Studio, I've looked at creating an apple script which will do what we want, but with limited knowledge of AS I didn't get very far... Would anyone be prepared to give me some guidance if this is the only option?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark

Halvdan
Jul 17, 2009, 07:12 AM
The only really basic solution (i.e not using automator) I can think of would be to have logic set up in loop/comp record mode with your desired interval. This will create a separate comp for each hour of airtime, which you can then easily and quickly bust into separated regions and bounce out as separate audio stems.

I'm sorry I can't really help you with using automator though. It's powerful, but quite tricky to set up. :)

zimv20
Jul 17, 2009, 08:12 AM
i think audio hijack offers something like this...

ChrisA
Jul 17, 2009, 09:29 AM
If you can type commands at the terminal window this would be very easy. Make a loop that runs continously. Inside you'd run "sox" with a trim option set to one hour. Sox would copy from the audio device to a file.

http://sox.sourceforge.net/