Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I have never used this programming stuff before, can someone please tell me how to set the system date in automator or write some sort of script

I want to try and do the following:
- Set system date back 1 year
- Launch Application
- Wait 60 seconds
- Set system date using the internet

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hehe, I've been told not to buy it by the uni I'm going to in september so only for a couple of months because the uni won't let me have it before I'm there and I can't justify buying it for 2 months use and the company said they can't help me basically.

I just want to do some casual design work over the summer so... :(
I'll be using it anyway, will just get annoying changing the date once a week or so for a couple of months really...
Thought someone might say that :p
the apps very limited anyway

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Then I'd suggest you look at systemsetup (command line tool), work out how to call a shell script from Automator/AppleScript and then worry about the rest...

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Will look into it although I really can't program :p

What I first tried is using automator I tried recording my action when changing the date, then added an action to open an app etc.. but whatever I recorded wouldn't work, I tried loads of different ways to open system preferences but it wouldn't open it from automator

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.