Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Does Apple know about this?

Dynamo

dynamoanim.gif

Bring your PDA to life with Dynamo - the first animated task manager for Pocket PC which displays screenshots of all running applications.

Click the activation button from any window and Dynamo slides images of all the running applications onto the screen. You can then easily select the one you want to switch to by clicking its image, and it zooms to fill the screen.

You can also close applications from within Dynamo and watch as the remaining windows dynamically reposition themselves to fill the gap.

Seems like a job for *plays superman music* APPLE LEGAL!!! Faster then a speeding legal brief. Able to quash rip-offs in a single bound. Its a lawyer its a fleet of lawyers. Its!! Apple Legal!

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
that's windows

Wasn't windows 95 a rip off of the mac platform. Why should this be any different. A good idea is a good idea. Unfortunately windows will probably claim this as it's own, again. Let's hope apple legal is on it's toes. :D

dopefiend

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
g4cubed said:
Wasn't windows 95 a rip off of the mac platform.

No.

Why should this be any different. A good idea is a good idea. Unfortunately windows will probably claim this as it's own, again. Let's hope apple legal is on it's toes. :D

Tis has nothing to do with Windows. 3rd party software developer :rolleyes:

MorganX

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
Midwest
g4cubed said:
Wasn't windows 95 a rip off of the mac platform. Why should this be any different. A good idea is a good idea. Unfortunately windows will probably claim this as it's own, again. Let's hope apple legal is on it's toes. :D

I think this actually a ripoff of video poker combined with a little tile and cascade and a touch of opengl.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
g4cubed said:
Wasn't windows 95 a rip off of the mac platform.

Not exactly. Microsoft obtained rights from Sculley to copy Mac interface elements in exchange for MS keeping a Mac version of Excel on the market.

Why should this be any different. A good idea is a good idea. Unfortunately windows will probably claim this as it's own, again. Let's hope apple legal is on it's toes. :D

According to the description it's screen shots rather than live windows. That's old news, not really the same territory as expose (which itself isn't an entirely new idea, virtual desktop programs have done similar things for years).

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Thanks

iMeowbot said:
Not exactly. Microsoft obtained rights from Sculley to copy Mac interface elements in exchange for MS keeping a Mac version of Excel on the market.

According to the description it's screen shots rather than live windows. That's old news, not really the same territory as expose (which itself isn't an entirely new idea, virtual desktop programs have done similar things for years).

Thanks for the info. I was unaware that they had obtained the rights. I just can't believe that they gave it up for Excel :eek:

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Cool :eek: where do I download it :p My PocketPC will be happy... more like a Mac everyday. (I got the background and menu theme someone made to replicate a mac.)

More seriously though... I don't think PocketPC users are going to be like... look what my Geek tool can do :D. PocketPCs aren't that 'cool' anymore, so you wouldn't be impressing your Girlfriend with a neato trick it can do... plus they'd go blind trying to concentrate on it.

The Mac is different... Mac people always show their Expose off when friends are around... be it intentionally or not :p Because that IS cool, PC users are extremely jealous of it, because even the most newbie PC user understands how frustrating window management is.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I hope Microsoft comes out with a version of Pocket PC that copies Mac OS X exactly. I want one that looks and feels like my desktop Mac. I also want Microsoft to support integration with Address book, iCal, iSync, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie with this new device. They should also advertise it and make it a Mac exclusive and not support it for Windows users.

Microsoft (with the help of a Jedi Mind Trick) could even host a site for switchers telling people why they should switch from Longhorn to Panther / Tiger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.