Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewLGP

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Chicago, IL
I noticed it when Apple had a Christian Bale-Johhny Depp collection for the film Public Enemies that stars both of them. I checked it out and thought maybe I would rent The Dark Knight. I'd only seen it once in the theaters. I looked the collections page over and noticed I couldn't see it. Long story short I searched for both films and all I got were stuff related to them. Search for yourselves. They're not in the US store at least.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
Wouldn't be the first time. I had Valkyrie in my wish list and when I was looking the other day the ATV said it was no longer available. Oh well. I rented the DVD instead. Wish I hadn't bothered. Bloody Cruise ruins every film he is involved in.

AndrewLGP

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Chicago, IL
I don't really mind actually, I'm just surprised. Plus they have actually been missing for a while and no one has noticed for such a prominent movie

I don't really like Cruise ether, he's not a very good actor, he's alright sometimes though. I liked him in Tropic Thunder, but then it's easier I think to become someone else with a lot of makeup on. I didn't mind him in Minority Report as well.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Movies get pulled from the store all the time. The movie studios make those decisions. The Simpsons movie was pulled just about two months after it went on sale and it reappeared about a month ago.

You have to buy them when you see them because they may be gone next week.

AndrewLGP

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm mostly surprised it was those movies that were pulled and no one seems to care. The Dark Knight was like the movie in theaters for 2008 and even made news on iTunes. I figured a lot of people would talk about them being pulled.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I'm mostly surprised it was those movies that were pulled and no one seems to care. The Dark Knight was like the movie in theaters for 2008 and even made news on iTunes. I figured a lot of people would talk about them being pulled.

Most people who want to see the movie bought it a long time ago. After the hype dies down, they take it off the store. And it makes a reappearance every so often like every other movie. It's no different from any other movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.