Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solusoracle

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I have successfully managed to get my PS3 to see music and videos stored on my MBP using Nullriver Medialink. I was particularly interested in the iLife integration as a lot of my movies and TV shows are stored within iTunes.

However, when browsing on the PS3 through the TV shows stored in iTunes, it appears as one long Unsorted list rather than being split into the seperate TV shows and TV series. Is there some sort of tag in iTunes I need to use to organise my TV shows better on the PS3 or is it not possible?

As a temporary workaround, I have started to rename all of my files to
TVSHOW S01E01 EPISODE NAME so that browsing is easier but this remains time consuming to retag and cumbersome to browse on the PS3.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Nope, it only reads folders. You pretty much have to manually organize.

richardpaige

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2009
Oh yes you can!

Select the files in questions.
Right click and select get info.
Ensure that under options, TV Show is selected as the media kind.
Select video tab.
Type in the name of the show (e.g. "The Office").
Click ok.
Select only those from a particular series or season.
Get info and select video.
Type in the season number (e.g. "1").
Click okay.
(repeat for each season, each show and (if you wish) each episode).

Within iTunes, if you select TV Shows you should now have your shows neatly organised into seasons. So, using the above example, you should have "The Office" in bold and underneath (not in bold) "Season 1". Within that you should find all the episodes.

Select "The Office, Season 1" and get info.
Select info tab.
In album type "The Office, Season 1".
Select ok.

On your PS3, if you now go into MediaLink, select iTunes then TV shows, you should now have "The Office, Season 1".

Repeat for all other shows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.