PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shuffle (new VS old)

Techichi
Jul 18, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hi,
I was thinking of buying an iPod Shuffle as I do own an iPod Classic of the past generation but I often find it too heavy and big to carry around with me.
I did consider getting a Nano but I am afraid this might also be too big for when I go to the gym.

The new iPod Shuffle seemed like the best option for me as a second iPod, however I read a series of reviews that criticized this product, especially the new controls and the fact it is impossible to use a pair of non-Apple earphones with it.
In fact, for my iPod Classic I do use a pair of Sennheiser in-ear earphones that I bought a while ago and the sound quality is a lot better with those.

I could go for the old iPod Shuffle, but they only version of it I can find around is the 1GB one and I am not sure that's enough space for my needs.
Is the new Shuffle really as bad as they say or do you think I should go for it anyway?

tekio
Jul 18, 2009, 11:25 AM
You'll be able to use any headphones soon http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/343/productID/1726

I like the new controls, I've had the 2g as well and find the new one much easier to use because of the voiceover & playlists.

The controls on the headphones aren't sealed, so they don't work well in the gym.

Techichi
Jul 19, 2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks,

Hmm I don't know what to do then. I suppose I could go for a 8GB Nano, after all it is quite small and light for the gym, but it also could be functional everywhere else since it has a display.
Or go for a 16GB Nano all together and get rid of my old Classic?
I guess I'll wait for the new models coming out in September in any case.

instaxgirl
Jul 19, 2009, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to find one of the older 2GB shuffles on eBay. After all, you can still get the original shuffle new in box on ebay.