Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artmuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Hi,

I did a Hardware Test on my old white MacBook by pressing "D" while booting up and did the test. 7 seconds in doing the test while it is scanning the logic board it tells me I have a hardware error!:eek: The error code is 4MEM/1/40000000 23d13a34

I dont understand why I get this hardware error because on the "more info" on the "about this mac" it tells me that both RAM I have installed seems to be OK. My Macbook seems to work like a charm yet Hardware Test tells me there is a Hardware error.

Whats going on?

Art

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
That definitely is a RAM error, but why you are getting it with working RAM is the question

Are you using stock RAM or have you added/swapped any RAM

Perhaps the diagnostics is reading it as unsupported RAM, but it indeed works

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Artmuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
That definitely is a RAM error, but why you are getting it with working RAM is the question

Are you using stock RAM or have you added/swapped any RAM

The MacBook came with 512mb. I added another (Apple certified) 512mb which I bought from eBay as Logic Pro requires 1gb to work properly. I have no problems with any of the RAM and my MacBook tells me that both RAM modules are fine yet Apple Hardware Test tells me there is a hardware error. Hmmmm!

Art

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.