Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syntaxsmurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
This problem has been slowly building getting worse and worse, and is not close to making my dear Mac damn near unuseable. This needs to be fixed, I cant afford anything no new laptop no nothing.
I've had my macbook for about 2 summers. used to able to watch movies play wow (all turned down) basicly go nuts on it. Sometimes the playing wow gave problems. but having an external monitor photoshopping and coding while watching a movie was no problem at all.

Now I cant even stream the laptop lags up if I let it lag without pauseing the video it ****s up the sound not sure how to explain it. and if I am really unlucky I get a kernel panic.

the computer do run really hot sometimes, but it didnt used to. and I dont think normal wear and tear is making it overheat like this.

right now its running a temp of 64C with 6200 RPM (max RPM)

this is a pretty low number for me as it usally run 80C at all times sometimes being able to top at 90.

I am at the ends of my robe I dont wanna loose my mac.

I hope you guys can help me out.

o2xygen

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
Thats really hot, for the watching videos online, try updating your flash player, update your browsers also. Maybe a fresh install my help? Im not too sure, could be a hardware issue.

syntaxsmurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I've formatted numerous times, updated stuff over and over. mind this not a new problem its been increaseingly worse

Kat King123

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2009
i think your motherboard is dieing :( im really sorry man but i dont think there much you can do sides see if u can get it fix you pretty much tried everything

syntaxsmurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
another thought could it be alot of dust in the computer. ive had it with me in bed alot watching movies & there are the usual tears in teh sides of the laptop that all macbooks get over time.

isaaclimdc

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah... it could be a gradual build-up of dust and other unwanted material inside the case; over the motherboard, around the HD and RAM, etc.

syntaxsmurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
oki, sounds like a theory anyway to fix it? get it cleaned myself?
as in not turn it in but a guide or somehing? anyone cleaned your mac before?

syntaxsmurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
cant find a cleaning guide but there is a guide to open it hopefully I can take it from there :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.