Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atu14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hello guys,
I am new to this forum and bumped into it when i was looking for troubleshoot help for my 16GB 1 gen ipod touch.
The home button of my itouch has become very sensitive. It is like touch sensitive. Most of the times the home button is activated only when i touch it.
I was away for a vacation and my cousin used it but i do not know wth he did with it?
Any help will be greatly appreciated or what the problem could be?

tabasco70

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Japan
theres no way it can become 'touch sensitive' like the devices screen but it may have been worn out from usage so even the simplest touch will cause the button to react.
i know the home button on ipods and iphones are all different when it comes to how it feels when you press it. (some you need to press firmly and some are more sensitive.)
if it wasnt this way before and you feel like it gets in the way of normal every day use, bring it to an apple store or wherever you got it.

atu14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
It is not like the screen. But instead of clicking the home button, a gentle tap works. This is still OK. But when i actually click it, it brings me the music control as if i have clicked it twice.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
It is not like the screen. But instead of clicking the home button, a gentle tap works. This is still OK. But when i actually click it, it brings me the music control as if i have clicked it twice.

Im assuming you dropped it. I get what you're saying. If under warranty try seeing if they will change it. Possible the inside button spring came out loose and it's holding the button way higher than it should be. Unfortunaltely I do not know of any solution to this - and don't bother opeining this up... you wont be able to close.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.