PDA

View Full Version : pro tools 8 LE macbook pro

alexholly
Jul 19, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi guys im new to macs i am currently running pro tools 8 on windows funiily enough on a quad core pc with 2 gig of ram

pro tools seems to run ok on it when it works fine i produce dance music run around 30 tracks a session with loads of plugs etc reverbs delays on most tracks .

But i have decided to change to mac to hopefully iron out all the problems i get with pt on windows

im going to hopefully purchase a mac book pro with 4 gig of ram i may upgrade it to 8 .

will this be powerfull enough to run pro tools 8 le running say 10 plug ins 30 odd tracks all with eqs on cpressors and what mac book would i need to go for surely the 2.5 spec macbookpro would be sufficiant

thanks guys

Alex

MythicFrost
Jul 19, 2009, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure personally, but I do know my dad's iMac (07 iMac I think, 667MHz RAM, 2.4GHz I think) ran too slow for him, it worked I think, but he moved it to his 8-core Mac Pro.

So I'm not sure how your MBP will go.

Kind Regards

zimv20
Jul 19, 2009, 07:21 PM
pro tools seems to run ok on it when it works fine i produce dance music run around 30 tracks a session with loads of plugs etc reverbs delays on most tracks .

why so many reverbs? are they all different? if not, you can buss them and save lots of processing power.

same with delays, but those don't chew up resources like reverbs do...