Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I need to buy an usb power adapter, but I don't want to spend over $30 for that small device.

I see ebay has them for less than $4 with free shipping. Anyone have used it? How good and safe are they? Are there better ones around $10? Any recommendations?

BTW, how much would a 'real' Apple usb power adapter cost Apple? I am guessing less than $2 each from the Chinese supplier. $29 price is just absurd.

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
You get what you pay for, you might get a great one, however you may also get one that may catch fire and destroy your house {worst case scenario, could happen} Or it just might not work

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
I had good luck with a seller for one and I bought a case from the same seller and also had good luck. Am I allowed to post the name here? He has 83,000 feedback! :D

ETA: Oh wait, I might have misunderstood- I am talking about the USB cable. If so, the above still stands :D

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
You might want to have a look at this. You get what you pay for:

ripoff_e_bay.jpg

toxictrix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Texas
I have bought a ton of cheap accessories from those sellers. Including a couple plugs for my macbook pro. They all still work really well. I say go for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.